Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Saw my order at service center, delivery scheduled Saturday question about hatch fit.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our order is in but delivery is scheduled for Saturday, so I took a peek on the lot and most everything I can see that isnt blocked by the understandable salt spray from the weather looks good to me and will be able to look closer after it is detailed. The panel gaps all looked good to my untrained eyes except for the top hatch driver's side looks to sit a bit proud above the roof and a small paint chip right on that edge. Does this look like something the service center can adjust there or does this look like one of those "In tolerance" issues? Thanks!
PXL_20230201_204331390.jpg

Based on your picture, it’s hard to judge how incorrect it is.

They’re gonna want for you to take the car. Someone here said they may not even let you open it until you sign for it. But, if possible, show them the issue and ask to make sure hatch works ok before you sign. We weren’t even shown to the car before they were asking us to sign. So be prepared for that.

Service center should be able to adjust the hatch for you to correct a misalignment and apply touch up paint. Once you take car, you’ll have to make an appt for this.

You can also walk if you’re are concerned,

Reactions: homergreg
This is a notorious spot that folks complain about. It doesn't look uniform I think is the issue. I haven't seen a model Y yet where the hatch alignment looks perfect. Some are worse than others. That doesn't look bad to me but it's hard to tell from pictures. If your not happy with the quality you can reject it. If you accept and schedule service they will probably tell you it's within spec.

Reactions: homergreg
I accepted the Y with the alignment like that but after a few days, realized the car had a big case of the booming noise from the hatch alignment, along with a piece of interior trim loose that was rattling. Today was the service day and the Indianapolis service department did an excellent job of aligning the hatch and putting the trim together! The booming is much reduced to where I only hear it when the bumps in the road are pretty pronounced vs seemingly every rough spot, I may try the vinyl tubing solution if it becomes irritating.