Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rumor: Apple buying Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry Jack, watching 2 hours of your (probably very intelligent) speculation won't make this a fact.

To be honest I have no idea where Cape Giradeau is or what the climate is like there. I take you at your word that it's a play on the phrase "a cold day in hell" but then it's very confusing...on the one hand you're implying it will never happen, while simultaneously saying that your video explains why it should.

That's because what I'm trying to say is that it will never happen, but go on to explain why it should.

Jack Rickard

This will never happen. Daimler has right of first refusal.

Also - Elon will never report to anyone. He is an exceptional leader in his own right and peer to Jeff Bezos ,Steve Jobs and Larry and Sergei. IMHO he outclasses them. Makes Steve Jobs look like a calm well balanced family man with no career aspiration in comparison.

Elon will run Tesla until the day Exxon is worth $3/share.

This will never happen. Daimler has right of first refusal.

Also - Elon will never report to anyone. He is an exceptional leader in his own right and peer to Jeff Bezos ,Steve Jobs and Larry and Sergei. IMHO he outclasses them. Makes Steve Jobs look like a calm well balanced family man with no career aspiration in comparison.

Elon will run Tesla until the day Exxon is worth $3/share.

Probably so -- but on Daimler's right of first refusal, they would have to be able to raise financing to match the APPL or GOOG offer. I don't think they would be able to do this. Either Google or Apple could overpay, if this was something they really wanted.

Probably so -- but on Daimler's right of first refusal, they would have to be able to raise financing to match the APPL or GOOG offer. I don't think they would be able to do this. Either Google or Apple could overpay, if this was something they really wanted.

Agree. Especially AAPL who would use their stash for something useful instead of a handout to mutual funds.

Since paying off the DOE loan eliminated some requirements for his continued involvement, Elon recently did comment that he wouldn't consider selling until the GenIII was established. Seems doubtful anyone would attempt a hostile takeover of a company with a value so dependent on it's CEO/product architect.

One day (before Elon Musk goes to Mars) Tesla Motors will have a higher market cap than Apple.
Does Elon Musk eat apples?
I think he does.
Then he just might decide to take a bite in Apple.

You're funny today, and very poetic... I was in Amsterdam a few weeks ago, and while I don't smoke tobacco I did smoke some other things there... Have you been doing the same today?