Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rugged Textile Interior Mats off-gassing smell is terrible. Better dog mat for the Model Y hatch available?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Noflash

Aug 11, 2020
Denver
Listings
I ordered the Rugged Textile Interior Mats as my dog was sliding around on the Tesla all-weather rubber mat. I put a fleece blanket on it at first, but in the Summer temps it has seemed too hot for her. Anyway the smell of the mat is terrible. I let it air our all day in the back with the hatch open and it was still unbearable. Now it's on a shelf in my garage and the whole garage smells toxic. Does anyone have any experience with this smell going away after a short time? Or does anyone recommend another dog-friendly mat in back?

Thanks in advance.

Apply odor neutralizers and change to a dog back seat cover.
The Dog Car Back Seat Cover is made of waterproof 600D oxford fabric with a TPU coating. The material is soft and breathable, making your pet comfortable during car rides, and while relaxing in Dog Mode, it is also scratch-proof and durable, safeguarding your back seat against paws, pet hair, and accidental slobber. With a zipper design, you can travel with your pet in the back seat, and it is also able to apply to your rear trunk if your dog is big. And The handy pockets are perfect to store pet items.

1690882022692.png

In case anyone if ever curious, after a week of airing out in the garage rafters the smell is less, but still present. I don't want to breathe it and I don't want my dog forced to either. I've returned to Tesla. Not looking for a rear-seat cover (family of four not counting dog). I tried a $20 mat from Amazon that sort of fit, but was too floppy and cheap. The lazy search continues...