Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadsters in Australia - History/Charging etc

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, I was just wondering if anyone had stats on the number of Roadsters sold in Australia, and how many remain? How many RHD in total? And in Australia, do people use a Can Snr adaptor on destination chargers as is the norm in the USA? Many thanks.

I can’t help on the statistics for AUS or RHD.
I think most of us people in the USA use many things from the NEMA 5-15 (normal 120v mains wall outlet) cable that came with the car to HPWC ( High Powered Wall Chargers) with various different adapters and mobile connectors in between, including the Can Sr and Can Jr.
I mainly use an early 30-amp NEMA 14-50 mobile connector (home) or the Tesla J-1772 adapter cable that came with car (public). However, recognizing the early, dynamic situation that would obviously lead to today’s orphan status, I have redundant capabilities (Cans) as well.

According to Wiki, there were fewer than 50 right-hand-drive models of the Tesla Roadster produced and hand built in the UK. At least on of them (the only Roadster ever sold in Cyprus) is mine and now in The Netherlands. Knowing RHD Roadsters have been sold in the UK and Japan as well, I do not expect a significant number of Roadsters in Australia. If I recall correctly, one of the very last RHD's ever build (a very orange one) is in Australia.

Reactions: DanHalen