Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster VIN list

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well as of today I have paid a deposit on this car:
SFZRE2B19B3000510
2.5 Red with Carbon hard top, soft top never been used - runs beautifully. I should have it by next weekend :)

Congratulations!

Yes, all the chatter here about the "VIN being too low to be a 2.5" were based on most people here being used to the North American VIN ordering.

Digit 10 being "B" indicates that it is a 2011 model, which puts it in the right timeframe to be a 2.5...

( North American Roadsters with B in digit 10 started at NA#1170... )

( 2.5 for Europe started around EU#0283 )

Last edited:
Reactions: Icer
I only gave a list of assembled in Hethel SFZRE cars.
Many of the EPs, VPs, and Founders' ended up in North America (since USA assembly didn't start until later), but the later SFZRE cars were all being made for Europe/Asia.

I am keeping my North American 5YJRE list to myself for now.
So, I didn't include any specifics for North American production from P12 through P1464...

- - - Updated - - -

First registered in Mound, Minnesota 8/16/2010
Twilight Blue with Carbon fiber dash.
Silver finish forged wheels.
Black edge sport seats with light gray interior trim.
Sold 10/18/2012 for $79,900 when it had 3900 miles on the ODO.

Nice looking car!
Do you know where 858 is now?

Perfect. Looks like the add is legit then. I'm considering buying, but according to carfax it was in an accident in 2011 and had to be towed from the scene...
Also note the battery was really low at the time the picture was taken. Hope they got it plugged in, or potentially there's a 900 lb brick in the back. If nothing else, the low state of charge might have caused some added stress on the system. Between that and the accident, definitely have a service center give it a full checkup before committing to it. I presume the car has an otherwise clean title. If it's a salvage, run away.

Does anybody know the VIN or any details about the Roadster launched into space yesterday? I'm assuming since VIN 001 was black, this was a different one (probably a 2.0 or 2.5), and Elon still has VIN 001 somewhere.

It is VIN 686. Originally a 2.0, and likely upgraded with most, if not all, 2.5 options including the front & rear fascias, Interior Double-DIN, etc.
Here is a photo before it was upgraded.

638F565E-5699-49C1-A516-311B85CD85CF.jpeg

I think people referred to those as "2.25s" (2.0s updated to the 2.5 look).

I heard that Roadster had been repainted multiple times before they got the color "just right".
Here was an earlier picture of the same car:
P0686-5YJRE1A34A1000686-autoshow.jpg

Reactions: Icer
On various news articles they describe his Roadster as cherry red, that color seems a little different radiant red and fusion red. Unless the pictures don't do the color justice?

It was a deeper, richer color than Radiant Red - despite looking very similar in certain lighting.
I also believe there were two examples of this color; the other was given to the head of Toyota as a gift toward the end of Roadster production. I believe it’s on display in Japan. @TEG?

Yes, correct. The story was that Akio Toyoda was so enthralled by Elon's custom Roadster when he visited him in California, that he had Toyota invest $50m in TSLA (when they really needed it) and gave them "the deal of a lifetime" on the "NUMMI plant" (now "Tesla Factory").

As a return token of appreciation, Elon had a Japan spec Roadster painted in the same color and sent to Akio as a gift.

ToyoTesla.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: DeedWest and Icer
I think "Midnight Cherry" may have been Elon's own term to describe the custom paint.
Early sightings called it "Candy Apple Red" similar to some color old hot rodders used to like.
I think calling it "Ruby Red" would make sense too.
The closest official Tesla color may be the "Signature Red" offered to early Model S buyers.

• Informative
Reactions: DeedWest and Icer