Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster clear coat carbon fiber parts for sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Medlock&Sons

Carl Medlock
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2014
WA
I rarely post here but, here I am and not sure where to put this thread. If not here, fire suit is on and ready, fire at will.

For the past few years I have been making the panels for roadsters one at a time. Its too much to do in my little space, so I commissioned moulds and parts for the parts listed below. Their work is impecable. I am offering a $50.00 discount if you buy something and write a review here or on the FB roadster page. Asking for no favors, a real honest review of fit finish and quality. It’s more important to me to keep your business than it is to get your business. I need my parts to speak for themselves. I can tell you from my years of experience, Tesla used a low cost clear that goes flat, or yellows; they also made some of the parts out of carbon and gel coat. We are not doing any of this. We are using the highest quality clears, resins and fabrics that are available. The door sills will start production next week. I have attached a few photos from our first pulls.

If you are interested in the parts, copy and paste the list below into an email and send it with the quantity of each item that you would like to: [email protected] Please include your name address and phone number. I will create an invoice in QuickBooks and you can pay by CC thru QB.
  1. 1.5-2.0-2.5 Door sills $1000 a pair $1200 with clear bra on top to protect them. Ships to you 2-15- 2020
  2. 1.5-2.0-2.5 Vents behind the door Ships mid march.
  3. 1.5 chin spoiler with lights wiring harness and instructions $2250 (pre order only)
  4. 1.5/2.0/2.5 Rear center spoiler on trunk $1300 Ships to you. 2-25-2020
  5. 1.5 Rear diffuser $1350 ships to you 2-25-2020
  6. 1.5 Front lip $1500 ships 2-15-2020
  7. 2.5 rear vented rear diffuser $2500
  8. 2.5 front lip tentative price will be $2200

If you would like these parts clear wrapped in satin or gloss xpel. Please indicate this in your email. My actual cost to have these wrapped, is $200 per part. See above for sills. You will pay the same as I do.

~Carl
IMG_8767.jpg
IMG_8768.JPG
IMG_8770.JPG
IMG_8975.JPG
IMG_8769.JPG
IMG_8765.jpg
IMG_1923.JPG
Tesla.jpg

The 1.5 parts should also be for 2.0?
- Chin, Rear Diffuser, Front Splitter / Lip

Aside from the license plate area, aren't the rear bumpers the same shapea for the different models? So the 2.5 vented diffuser should fit 1.5 / 2.0?

Thanks to Erik Robertson
The www.medlockandsons.com website is coming to life, and you can start to order your carbon fiber parts today.
Prices are on the site. The carbon shop is working 7 days a week to fill these orders, and I will post the photos as the parts come in. I should have the 2.5 rear diffuser first pull in my hands this week. I slowed down the process a week or so to get a CNC jig made, which will make these parts all the same and perfect.
Let me know if you have any questions, and thank you for your interest and your business. We are in this together and without you there is no us, so thank you.

[email protected]

Reactions: Gremlin
I rarely post here but, here I am and not sure where to put this thread. If not here, fire suit is on and ready, fire at will.

For the past few years I have been making the panels for roadsters one at a time. Its too much to do in my little space, so I commissioned moulds and parts for the parts listed below. Their work is impecable. I am offering a $50.00 discount if you buy something and write a review here or on the FB roadster page. Asking for no favors, a real honest review of fit finish and quality. It’s more important to me to keep your business than it is to get your business. I need my parts to speak for themselves. I can tell you from my years of experience, Tesla used a low cost clear that goes flat, or yellows; they also made some of the parts out of carbon and gel coat. We are not doing any of this. We are using the highest quality clears, resins and fabrics that are available. The door sills will start production next week. I have attached a few photos from our first pulls.

If you are interested in the parts, copy and paste the list below into an email and send it with the quantity of each item that you would like to: [email protected] Please include your name address and phone number. I will create an invoice in QuickBooks and you can pay by CC thru QB.
  1. 1.5-2.0-2.5 Door sills $1000 a pair $1200 with clear bra on top to protect them. Ships to you 2-15- 2020
  2. 1.5-2.0-2.5 Vents behind the door Ships mid march.
  3. 1.5 chin spoiler with lights wiring harness and instructions $2250 (pre order only)
  4. 1.5/2.0/2.5 Rear center spoiler on trunk $1300 Ships to you. 2-25-2020
  5. 1.5 Rear diffuser $1350 ships to you 2-25-2020
  6. 1.5 Front lip $1500 ships 2-15-2020
  7. 2.5 rear vented rear diffuser $2500
  8. 2.5 front lip tentative price will be $2200

If you would like these parts clear wrapped in satin or gloss xpel. Please indicate this in your email. My actual cost to have these wrapped, is $200 per part. See above for sills. You will pay the same as I do.

~Carl
View attachment 509382 View attachment 509383 View attachment 509385 View attachment 509386 View attachment 509389 View attachment 509392 View attachment 509396 View attachment 509397

Are these units coded with ultraviolet light protection?

Wow. Carbon fiber parts are prone to oxidation and it is industry standard to place these agents without paying extra. The roll bar on our vehicles is protected with ultraviolet resistant chemicals. All of the Tesla manufactured parts in the past were manufactured with ultraviolet resistance. I don't think it is fair to pay extra.

UV protection is provided by 2K clear coat sprayed on the parts after they're cured.

Xpel is an add-on for extra protection from physical contact. Unlike painted body panels, you can't fill a deep scratch in carbon fiber and have it look the same as before. Good insurance to have if your door sills regularly take a beating.

Wow. Carbon fiber parts are prone to oxidation and it is industry standard to place these agents without paying extra. The roll bar on our vehicles is protected with ultraviolet resistant chemicals. All of the Tesla manufactured parts in the past were manufactured with ultraviolet resistance. I don't think it is fair to pay extra.

This 2K Carbo Clear is applied to the parts as a last step for UV protection. As stated bt Tex EV We also offer Xpel to keep the parts from being scratched. Here is the data on the clear. I hope this clears up the confusion.

"2K Carbo Clear Plus 2K clear coat V02 02/2018 :
CHARACTERISTIC This VOC-conform clear coat is a special clear coat for Carbon parts. It is characterized by a rapid and very good hardness. The well-balanced pot life enables a safe application. The 2K Carbo Clear Plus has a brilliant gloss and flow. It can be polished easily, has excellent scratch resistance and outstanding durability due to the very high UV-Protection, chemical- and weather resistance.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: eHorses and drewski