Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reset 'charge location'?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AlternateFlux

Former Vendor
Jun 29, 2019
UK
New issue, and am wondering if anyone can help?

My home charger keeps dropping to 10a whenever I plug it in. I reset it to 30a and it charges successfully but when I return and plug it in again, it 'forgets' and resets to 10a again.

Does anyone know how to get the ME to remember the higher amp'age and forget the 10a?

Thanks in advance etc

If it's been manually set, then a change should similarly be set for next time
If it's auto-set it because it's had a problem at that location before, then I'm not sure how to reset that

The nuclear option: Controls > Service > Factory Reset

- Yep, that doesn't seem to be remembered :/
- Ah, ok... That's probably the issue.
- Hmm, I may have to do that! :)

Thanks man, really appreciate the help.

Page 145 of the EU manual

The current automatically sets to the maximum current available from the attached charge cable, unless it was previously reduced to a lower level. If needed, touch - or + to change the current (for example, you may want to reduce the current if you are concerned about overloading a domestic wiring circuit shared by other equipment).

It is not possible to set the charging current to a level that exceeds the maximum available from the attached charge cable.

When you change the current, Model 3 remembers the location. If you charge at the same location, you do not need to change it again.

Note: If Model 3 is charging and detects unexpected fluctuations in input power, the charging current is automatically reduced by 25%. For example, a 40 amp current is reduced to 30 amps. This automatic current reduction increases robustness and safety in situations when an external problem exists (for example, a home wiring system, receptacle, adapter or cord is unable to meet its rated current capacity). As a precaution, when Model 3 automatically reduces current, it saves the reduced current at the charging location.

Although you can manually increase it, Tesla recommends charging at the lower current until the underlying problem is resolved and the charging location can provide consistent power.