Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacement Tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

I had the Cross Climate 2 tires on my Model 3. Compared to the factory tires that came with the car, they were an improvement in handling in dry and wet weather, and a huge improvement in snow. However, they did cause about a 10% reduction in range, probably because they are not low rolling resistance tires. As for noise, I have read they are a little noisier, but I never really noticed that, probably because I usually have the radio on. I hope this helps!

Depending on where in Colorado you might want to purchase a separate set of wheels and winter tires. The CC2 is a very good all-season (3 mountain peak symbol) tire but a dedicated winter tire would outperform the CC2 in snow and ice driving. Another benefit of getting a second set of wheels is that you could select 18" wheels that would give you more sidewall than the other size wheels. The additional sidewall depth would theoretically be better able to survive encounters with potholes. In general 18" size tires can cost a bit less. When you have two sets of tires they would last twice as long as you would only be driving on each set for half of each year.

Tesla sells winter wheel and tire packages for the LRMY available with either 19" Gemini or 20" Induction wheels, Pirelli Winter Sottozero 3 tires.

Any major brand winter tire is going to outperform an all-season tire when it comes to starting, braking and handling on snow and ice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pianewman