Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

rent chademo adapter $$$

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone!

I'm buying a used Model 3 SR+ from Carvana in Chicago on Tuesday 1/26. I live in Wausau, WI, about 4 hours north, so I was planning on just supercharging to get home. I was reading today that unless the car has the previous owner profile it won't supercharge, and of course the fee's would be charged to the old owner. I was not prepaired for this news to say the least. So if it can't supercharge, my options will be limited to L2 charging, and my trip home would be around 10.5 hours at best. I thought about the chademo adapter, would I be able to borrow (or rent) it from someone here? I would be willing to pay overnight shipping, I really don't want to spend 4-5 hours sitting at level 2's in the middle of the night....

Hi Everyone!

I'm buying a used Model 3 SR+ from Carvana in Chicago on Tuesday 1/26. I live in Wausau, WI, about 4 hours north, so I was planning on just supercharging to get home. I was reading today that unless the car has the previous owner profile it won't supercharge, and of course the fee's would be charged to the old owner. I was not prepaired for this news to say the least. So if it can't supercharge, my options will be limited to L2 charging, and my trip home would be around 10.5 hours at best. I thought about the chademo adapter, would I be able to borrow (or rent) it from someone here? I would be willing to pay overnight shipping, I really don't want to spend 4-5 hours sitting at level 2's in the middle of the night....

Where did you read that you wouldn't be able to Supercharge? Seems highly unlikely that they would disable supercharging. If the billing is incorrect, I would think it would just be a matter of contacting support after the fact.