Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Removing warning from Windshield Visor - Have you done it? (or do you want to?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How I Removed the Visor Sticker

The key to removing the Visor Sticker, for me, was to to apply 91% Isopropyl Alcohol to the edge of the sticker, wait about 5 seconds, and then start to peel off about ⅛" of sticker at a time. If you go slowly like that, you can remove the entire sticker without it falling apart or tearing:

Visor Sticker Removal 1.jpg
Visor Sticker Removal 2.jpg
Visor Sticker Removal 3.jpg

After the alcohol dried there was a slight indentation in the alcantara. I reapplied some alcohol and scrubbed with a microfiber cloth, which raised the nap a bit and made it blend in better:

Visor Sticker Removed.jpg

Tried to remove the visor sticker today. While I managed to get it off with the suggested 91% alcohol method, it left quite a few ugly black smudges on the visor. I think I know what I've done wrong- rubbing the cloth instead of dabbing it, allowing the paint on the sticker to get on the visor. Needless to say I can't leave it like that. Any idea how to get rid of the smudges?

IMG_2207.JPG

I must say that the new visor stickers are a bit less intrusive than the old ones because they were pushed to the margins of the visors, but they're still ugly. If I had the black alcantara headliner/interior, those would DEFINITELY be the first to go - they tend to blend in a bit to the white alcantara.

I removed mine using 91% IPA, which worked well. However, there is a "stiffness" to the pile of the Alcantara that I have not been able to remove, even when using denatured alcohol, stiff brush, etc. So I do have a shadow where the stickers were. But honestly, unless I look directly at it, it is not noticeable. Do I like it? No. But it is much better than those moronic stickers. I have thought about using acetone, but am afraid of what might happen. If I had a test strip of the exact fabric, I could figure it out.

I know when I had my M3 people would order the European spec sun visor which did not included the hideously ridiculous sticker. I don't know if this is still the case anymore but it might be possible to order a European Spec sun visor from Tesla if it is.

Have any North American owners been able to successfully order European spec visors? I've removed the stickers from my black visors, but there is a slight difference in color/texture of the fabric where the stickers used to be. Can anyone help me to order Euro spec visors without the stickers?

Have any North American owners been able to successfully order European spec visors? I've removed the stickers from my black visors, but there is a slight difference in color/texture of the fabric where the stickers used to be. Can anyone help me to order Euro spec visors without the stickers?

I had the same idea and touched base with folks on the German Tesla forum. They confirmed that their German Model S's have sun visor stickers as well. While it's not a legal requirement over there, I assume the low sales volume in Germany doesn't warrant a dedicated (non-sticker) part. Bummer.