Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral points - best value

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Probably has been discussed a lot already, but I just received my car and 10k referral (loyalty) points. I was planning on getting the wall connector for 9,000 points. I wouldn't mind upgrading from the UMC to a wall connector. But, it is only valued at $450. They have 3 months of FSD for 10,000 points, which is worth $600, If I was planning on continuing to subscribe to FSD after my free trial ends. Seems like a better value.

Thoughts on the best value for redeeming the points? Obviously acceleration boost is the best one ($2000 value), but doesn't apply to the S Plaid.

I saw Premium Connectivity is valued at 2,500 points so I was probably going to use that to save $100 for a year. I wish the points didn't expire after a year, but perhaps it would be possible to just buy four years in advance. There are a select number of apparel items that are available where some seem to be better values (1500 points for a $70 sweatshirt or a $55 sweatshirt, 500 points for a $30 t-shirt or a $45 t-shirt). It's interesting they are making the factory tour a redeemable prize (which is unavailable) when it used to be free when they offered it years ago. I'm thinking getting Premium Connectivity and seeing if you can purchase again to extend it for a few years. If not, then maybe entering for the Cybertruck raffle in April (doesn't say when to enter by, of course).

I saw Premium Connectivity is valued at 2,500 points so I was probably going to use that to save $100 for a year. I wish the points didn't expire after a year, but perhaps it would be possible to just buy four years in advance. There are a select number of apparel items that are available where some seem to be better values (1500 points for a $70 sweatshirt or a $55 sweatshirt, 500 points for a $30 t-shirt or a $45 t-shirt). It's interesting they are making the factory tour a redeemable prize (which is unavailable) when it used to be free when they offered it years ago. I'm thinking getting Premium Connectivity and seeing if you can purchase again to extend it for a few years. If not, then maybe entering for the Cybertruck raffle in April (doesn't say when to enter by, of course).

Premium connectivity is only $0.04 / point, so not the best redemption, unless you don't need or want FSD or a wall connector:
1711885281676.png

Premium connectivity is only $0.04 / point, so not the best redemption, unless you don't need or want FSD or a wall connector:
View attachment 1033842
Thanks for the breakdown. I haven’t done that yet but it’s not too big of a deal for me as I have a gen2 (I think) wall connector from previous incarnation of the rewards program. I’ll definitely need to do the price per point calculation before I book to make sure I get the most value out of the 10,000 points.

Although I'm sure your math is accurate, the "worth" of those items is subjective. I don't value premium connectivity or FSD... I'd vote wall connector all day long. Especially if you don't already have one.

You have a Model S and you're charging at 32A (or less). The wall connector will get you to 48A max and will add value to your home.

Although I'm sure your math is accurate, the "worth" of those items is subjective. I don't value premium connectivity or FSD... I'd vote wall connector all day long. Especially if you don't already have one.

You have a Model S and you're charging at 32A (or less). The wall connector will get you to 48A max and will add value to your home.
I agree on the wall connector being nice. Though, I have 6 awg wires already run, so I'd only get 40A. And I just replaced my NEMA 14-50 outlet with another high quality one after the first one wore out. I also have two UMCs, so I already have an extra that I leave in the car and one that stays on the wall.

Probably has been discussed a lot already, but I just received my car and 10k referral (loyalty) points. I was planning on getting the wall connector for 9,000 points. I wouldn't mind upgrading from the UMC to a wall connector. But, it is only valued at $450. They have 3 months of FSD for 10,000 points, which is worth $600, If I was planning on continuing to subscribe to FSD after my free trial ends. Seems like a better value.

Thoughts on the best value for redeeming the points? Obviously acceleration boost is the best one ($2000 value), but doesn't apply to the S Plaid.
What cars can get an acceleration boost. Not the LR model S I don’t think