Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommended Tesla Shop in Southern California

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,
Does anyone have a recommendation for a store that works on Tesla's and is located in Southern California? Near to San Diego would be best, but I can make the trip up to LA/OC if needed. I put a ticket in today because 50% of one headlight is currently out, and Tesla wants $1650 to fix.
This is the first high end / performance car I've ever owned, but almost $1700 for a headlight seems excessive, is this price inline with most other replacements?

Oct 2016 Model S P100D
Thank you,
Bradden

Attachments

• IMG_1403.jpg
    IMG_1403.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_1404.png
    IMG_1404.png
    92 KB · Views: 49
just live with it would be my recommendation. This is a known issue.
EVFIXME in OC is a private repair shop, is less expensive than Tesla, but probably not as cheap as you are hoping
you can get the headlight on ebay - to save money - and find someone to install.
There is also a guy in Agoura Hills that specializes in modifying headlights, including Teslas
teslaworkshop on instagram is a good guy that can help you also (located Antelope Valley)

long thread: Late 2016 / Early 2017 S Owners: How Are Your Daytime Running Lights Holding Up?

the guy in Agoura: SW Lights (@swlights) • Instagram photos and videos

Reactions: Eryx
just live with it would be my recommendation. This is a known issue.
EVFIXME in OC is a private repair shop, is less expensive than Tesla, but probably not as cheap as you are hoping
you can get the headlight on ebay - to save money - and find someone to install.
There is also a guy in Agoura Hills that specializes in modifying headlights, including Teslas
teslaworkshop on instagram is a good guy that can help you also (located Antelope Valley)
Thank you very much for the super fast reply and for the recommendations! I will look into both EVFIXME and teslaworkshop.

Ya going to live with this for the time being as at those prices I'm throwing away $800. Thanks also for letting me know this is a known issue, I wasn't expecting this (thought it'd be maybe $4-500) so felt completely blind sided here.

Unless you buy a used one off eBay or something it's not gonna be cheap anywhere. I just had bot headlights replaced and they were $1400/ea. Insurance paid not me that's insane for a part. Labor is gonna be next to nill because it's pretty easy.

For Socal I recommend EV fixme they are good folks and very friendly, the did my eMMC repair back when Tesla was still charging and arm and a leg for it.