Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommended Sydney Installers for Dash Cam

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone able to recommend a dash cam installer in Sydney for a Model X?

I see the Blackvue DR650GW-2CH is pretty popular, and after watching US videos could probably self-install, but I'd prefer to pay someone to do it professionally so the cables get cleanly embedded in the windshield trunking and without OEM warranty impact.

I asked Tesla Artarmon for a recommendation and they said The Car Kit Company, but they no longer provide retail installs since late 2016. The Tesla service department don't know of anyone either. I can start calling up nearby authorised Blackvue retailers, but I'd rather a recommendation (or even "avoid") if someone has one?

Thanks!

Anyone able to recommend a dash cam installer in Sydney for a Model X?

I see the Blackvue DR650GW-2CH is pretty popular, and after watching US videos could probably self-install, but I'd prefer to pay someone to do it professionally so the cables get cleanly embedded in the windshield trunking and without OEM warranty impact.

I asked Tesla Artarmon for a recommendation and they said The Car Kit Company, but they no longer provide retail installs since late 2016. The Tesla service department don't know of anyone either. I can start calling up nearby authorised Blackvue retailers, but I'd rather a recommendation (or even "avoid") if someone has one?

Thanks!

There is another thread on the Aus site called BlackVue Installations and I picked out this post from that thread

Hey guys,

Just thought I would share another fantastic and flawless installation by the guys at MC carsecurity. I had my Model X fitted with the BlackVue DR650S-2CH Dash Cam. First Model X in OZ to be completed by Team MCCS.

MC Car Security Wired4sound

There is another thread on the Aus site called BlackVue Installations and I picked out this post from that thread