Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear cup holders?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got these and really like them for all seats.
Can you confirm that the inside diameter on the opening is at least 3" because it seems as though the measurement posted is outside diameter. The tumblers we use have an OD if almost exactly 3" (3.045" to be exact) so a these would be really close.

For $14 shipped I went ahead and ordered them as I looked at something similar about a year ago and ID was like a half inch smaller than these. My guess is one of the Chinese-made products received the feedback that us American's all have 30oz tumblers w/a 3" base and updated their design.

I would be worrisome to have cup holders attached to a door...
as the liquid inside the cup will certainly move up and wash out the lid on top when opening or closing the door.

I noticed some cup holders attached to the back of the headsets who seem more secured.

Tray Cup Holder 01.jpg Tray Cup Holder 05 .jpg Cup Holder 02 .jpg Tray Cup Holder 03 .jpg Cup Holder 03 .jpg

3-in-1 Car Headrest Backseat Organizer with 3.7''Cup Holder

Car Back Seat Organizer with 2 Drink Cup Holder - Tissue Box and Storage Box Hook

Multifunctional Car Purse Hook for Cup and Cell Phone, Purse Hook

Last edited:
I would be worrisome to have cup holders attached to a door...
as the liquid inside the cup will certainly move up and wash out the lid on top when opening or closing the door.

I noticed some cup holders attached to the back of the headsets who seem more secured.

View attachment 1027398 View attachment 1027399 View attachment 1027400 View attachment 1027401 View attachment 1027402
Watch some frontal crash test footage of rear seat occupants and see if you still think something like this is a good idea. I'll take the brief learning curve to remember a cup w/liquid is there when opening/closing a door. Luckily it's right by the door button so you have a massive reminder every time you activate the door open button.

Reactions: gtae07