Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model X sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone in Dubai mentioned in another thread that he bought his X in the US and flew it to Dubai and the transportation cost him roughly 2500USD
Consider some of these prices for a generalization;
How Much Does Shipping a Car Overseas Cost? - CostHelper.com
I've shipped several items overseas of varying weights & sizes. $2,500 for a 90kWh MX ?? Um, that works out to roughly 75¢ per pound for the over 3 ton vehicle. That'd be considered a REALLY low price. Rates are based off insured value plus weight. The MX, properly insured should easily be about 2x the above claimed cost, but I suppose there are always deals out there if you know the right folks or have the right family member to go to. There are loads of international 20' container shippers all over the web that you can input data to figure costs. You can quadruple the cost if you go air instead of ocean.
;)

View attachment 171413 My very first truly in the wild. Spazzed out fumbling for the camera, but you only get one first time ;) Notably, there are 5! red cars in the frame, incl mine.

I remember my first time like it was yesterday. Well it was about 4 weeks ago and I nearly lost it in excitement and asked the driver to chase it so I could get this shot (in Seattle). Sadly this was also my only time spotting one in the wild as well.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    279.8 KB · Views: 169
Reactions: ModelX
Many days after my first sighting mentioned in my above post - we were leaving Easter Service - multi-thousands member church on the Newport coast / Irvine boarder ... and someone had parked their pearl white X right up front as close as possible for all to see (I suppose that could be a thread in itself ;) ). We went over to gawk as were several others - phone cameras out and all. One of the gawkers says, "hi Gary" . . . . HA !! it was our neighbor directly across the lake from us (guy owns a restored 56 corvette). Then again the MS is already pretty common in their parking lot.

Tesla Model X Configurator To Open For Everyone On Monday

JL82939-768x512.jpg

Tesla Model X

As publicity centers around the unveiling of Tesla’s Model 3, questions are arising about the Model X. Elon Musk recently Tweeted that the Tesla Model X configurator will open Monday to all. However, since then, the Tweet has been deleted.

elon-configurator-tweet-350x178.jpg

Musk Confirms That The Configurator Is Still A Go For All Starting Monday

Previously, the online design studio has only been available to those that have reserved a vehicle and put $5,000 down. Since models range from $80,000 to $150,000, it will be advantageous for future prospective buyers to be able to use the service to get an idea of what’s available, what they may want, and pricing. Although the original Tweet is gone, Musk did confirm that the configurator is still a go for Monday (see right/above follow-up tweet).

Absolutely stunning! And in my favorite charging spot too. Note: a half white chocolate, half coconut latte from Jitterbug, made this spot my kinda stop. :) Always start and end roadtrips into the US like that.
Hi Paul - bonus tidbit - the owners live in Vancouver! and are former S owners too. not sure if they're local club members or not. (I think they mentioned they're from US and moved up some time back) Thx for the Jitterbug tip, it was my first time to this SC and didn't try their coffee but will check it out next time :)

• Love
Reactions: Paul Carter
Hi Paul - bonus tidbit - the owners live in Vancouver! and are former S owners too. not sure if they're local club members or not. (I think they mentioned they're from US and moved up some time back) Thx for the Jitterbug tip, it was my first time to this SC and didn't try their coffee but will check it out next time :)
Interesting, I wonder if Tesla will let them 'import' to Canada.

Interesting, I wonder if Tesla will let them 'import' to Canada.
I don't know the details (I should have asked), but they told me they *are* living up here with their one-week-old X. I mentioned this in the recent X thread over in the Canada forum... Perhaps the import issue explains why they're not presently sporting any plates at all?? just a generic Zero Emissions one in the rear.

Edit - it's also possible I misunderstood them and they took delivery at the Powell St SC? they did say they were there with it and it was the first X the employees had seen. Anyhow pretty likely it's the only X in town, a friend also spotted it driving down Cambie.

Last edited:
I don't know the details (I should have asked), but they told me they *are* living up here with their one-week-old X. I mentioned this in the recent X thread over in the Canada forum... Perhaps the import issue explains why they're not presently sporting any plates at all?? just a generic Zero Emissions one in the rear.
Thanks. I don't think the X is listed on the allowed imports. The S isn't so I wouldn't expect they can register the X here. I know someone had to leave their roadster in Blaine after they moved up too. :( Sad.

While in Portland, Oregon this week I stopped by the service center in Tigard to ask some questions, and got to see 6 new (still wrapped) model Xs outside the shop area. It was the first time I saw one in person, and they impressed me as being much bigger than I expected (i.e. they looked like big SUVs). My DS tells me mine is in production and should be ready in two weeks. PS Highest vin I saw was 44XX.

• Informative
Reactions: loganintx