Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model X sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_7171.JPG

Spotted by my son (a bike messenger) in downtown Seattle.

My second random sighting on Thursday (Feb. 4, 2016) was only three days after my first random sighting on Monday (Feb. 1, 2016). It was near Santa's Village exit on Highway 17 northbound (in Scotts Valley, which is on the way from Santa Cruz area to over the hill to Santa Clara county area).
IMG_4598_crop1.png

IMG_4598_crop2.png

crop3.png

It seems like everybody's random sightings just skyrocketed around beginning of February 2016. We're actually getting to see them in real operation. This is good.

I spotted a white Model X in Redmond, WA on Friday 2/5/16. First one I have seen in the Seattle metro area.

View attachment 110760

Spotted by my son (a bike messenger) in downtown Seattle.
Excellent! I have yet to see one out and about except Kittylitter's (sig red) when he showed it off to a bunch of folks over a month ago. That makes at least four, including Blurry_eyed's blue in Kirkland.

Every Silver one I see makes me like it more!

Had my first two random (outside of Tesla Service Centers / Superchargers) sightings in the last few days. A Signature Red on El Camino in Menlo Park, and a grey in Palo Alto this evening. Both times at night -- the headlights look very cool and distinctive, like the Model S.

Ulmo, are you Tim Cook by any chance? ;-)

Aha, half and half: it was a combination of my iPhone 6s's wide framing lense trying to take in a smaller distant target, my iPhone 6s's inability to take action (moving target) shots, and of my not wanting to take my human focus and attention off of my calm driving conditions (and if it weren't calm I wouldn't have even tried those blurry shots). My iPhone 6s was mounted in a dash mount, barely able to peek over the dash. I know from being parked that it can catch blurry forward images in camera mode, and with relatively few presses a few snaps can be taken with less than it takes to select a radio station or podcast. Tim, though, had opportunity to just sit there and take a still photo: I did not.

I saw one in Palo Alto today. That shouldn't be much of a big deal. I probably saw a dozen Model S on the same local trip. I was getting my car washed at the hand car wash at the Town and Country Center. The car behind me was also a Model S, the Model X was parked in the lot, (VIN in the mid 500s) and shortly after I pulled out, I passed a Roadster. That's the first time I encountered anything like that out in the wild. I don't spend a lot of time in Palo Alto, so it's not as if it was something that I should have expected due to my everyday routine.

I saw one in Palo Alto today. That shouldn't be much of a big deal. I probably saw a dozen Model S on the same local trip. I was getting my car washed at the hand car wash at the Town and Country Center. The car behind me was also a Model S, the Model X was parked in the lot, (VIN in the mid 500s) and shortly after I pulled out, I passed a Roadster. That's the first time I encountered anything like that out in the wild. I don't spend a lot of time in Palo Alto, so it's not as if it was something that I should have expected due to my everyday routine.

I work in Palo Alto. My record is eight Model S cars on University Ave in the space of a few blocks. I once saw three Model S parked in line on a side street off University Ave.