Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Racing stripes on model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What do you think of putting racing stripes on a model 3? I’ve seen them on model s and model x and don’t look that bad. Any ideas?

Attachments

• AE7805BE-B1C9-4F5F-BD53-8C798A42A34D.jpeg
    AE7805BE-B1C9-4F5F-BD53-8C798A42A34D.jpeg
    103.6 KB · Views: 3,012
I saw a white Model 3 with twin blue stripes on it ala a Mustang Cobra a couple days back. Still undecided what I think about it but didn't inspire me to run out and buy white stripes for my blue Model 3.

I personally think a really big exhaust tip and bolt on spoiler would look great! :D
This spoiler looks good. I wonder if they would sell that separately.

Model-3R-Rear.jpg

Why not go Tron mode like this
maxresdefault.jpg

I want those Tron style aero's.

I am on the fence here, I would need to see it to decide if I like it. Stripes have the ability to either make a car look like a 200k racer or make it look like a 10k car for a teenager. I worry that the model 3 is already a ticket magnet and the stripes will bring it more attention from police than anyone else.

Reactions: Pkmmte
From this and the other post I think you're looking for a Camaro from the 1980s...
chevrolet-camaro-1980-1.jpg

lol I just realized this was the same poster who wanted the tire lettering white and that those are his only posts. He may be looking for the look of the muscle cars from the first fast and the furious movie. We will see if under glow lighting is the next request or maybe a hood scoop to cool the frunk.

A couple months ago, I saw a black 3 here in the north hills of Pittsburgh with those red longitudinal stripes, and it was pretty hideous. It's a Tesla, and Teslas should be above any such mods.

I think a lot of people just want to find anything they can to customize their Tesla. ICE cars have so many options for customization and it is hard to break that mentality. The only options we really have are wheels, tint and chrome delete to look any different than the rest of the 3’s. The problem is that most things beyond that will cheapen the look of the car IMO.

I think a lot of people just want to find anything they can to customize their Tesla. ICE cars have so many options for customization and it is hard to break that mentality. The only options we really have are wheels, tint and chrome delete to look any different than the rest of the 3’s. The problem is that most things beyond that will cheapen the look of the car IMO.
For an EV like the Model 3, I think an electrically-themed mod like this may be more appropriate for this new paradigm:

Maybe hang this from a rear seat headrest while parked in the SF Bay Area to discourage smashing of the rear quarter window to flip down the rear seat to view trunk contents?

Last edited: