Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quick question about high pressure washing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in an area where salt is dumped on the roads 4 months every year. On my old Volvo I just jammed the high pressure washer into the wheel wells and cleaned everything: Drive shafts, suspension, the rubber cuffs, everything. Should I avoid doing this with a high pressure washer on my Model Y? Are there delicates here that shouldnt be sprayed directly with high pressure? What should be my weekly routine for salt removal? On my old Volvo it was really important to spray the undercarriage thoroughly, but the Model Y is generally covered in a flat aluminium-panel -- any point of using high pressure routinely here?

I’d set a garden hose sprinkler then drive and stop the car over it letting the sprinkler rinse things. You should be safe, everything under there is made to deal with rain and wet roads. Actually I think I’d set up 4 sprinklers hooked to a hose with a couple of “Y” connectors, so I wouldn’t need to keep moving the sprinklers or the car. If you wanted to get fancy, you could get a timed sprinkler so you could set the rinse time to 10 minutes or so then have it automatically stop.
I do use pressure washers but I don’t think I’d squirt much under the car with it. Those can deliver very high pressures so may get water past the various seals. That’s just guesswork on my part, I’ve got no idea whether that’s a concern or not, it’s just what I’d avoid.

Reactions: PetterDale
Upvote 0