Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question Regarding Infotainment Upgrade Cost (Received Estimate, Believe to Be Incorrect)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m having that issue now, I made an appointment in Charlotte NC, because my windshield wiper fluid stop working and this is what they sent me, see pic. What should I do and how do I know if I have the 3.0? I have had my Model S since 2016
If you've had your Model S since 2016, it is model year 2016 or older. IF it has FSD hardware, it is version 2.0. You can easily tell by looking at the front fenders or the B pillars, if they have cameras, it is HW 2.0. If they don't, and assuming you even have AP, then it must be AP 1.0. Note the fenders for non-AP and AP 1.0 Model S and X (as you have actually posted in n X forum) still have chrome trim on the fenders in the same shape as the cameras, but it is flat and doesn't have a camera, so to the extent that nothing was lost in translation on your post, you only need to specifically look at the chrome pieces on "he middle" of your front fenders for cameras toward the back or look for roundish cutouts with cameras behind them in your B pillars. OTOH if you have a 2017 or newer Model S, then determining the answer would be more complicaed.