Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question on White Seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone seen this video with white seats, but the light beige headliner? I was under the impression that white seats were only available with black headliner (which I think is a much better combination). Tesla Model X white interior casual conversation. - YouTube
Early on the Design Studio allowed either headliner choice with the white interior, so anyone with a Signature reservation was able to order it if they did so within the first month or so. I find it funny that she says she thought they had ordered the black headliner and would have preferred it, since supposedly anyone who ordered this configuration was to be contacted by Tesla and urged to change to the black headliner.

Early on the Design Studio allowed either headliner choice with the white interior, so anyone with a Signature reservation was able to order it if they did so within the first month or so. I find it funny that she says she thought they had ordered the black headliner and would have preferred it, since supposedly anyone who ordered this configuration was to be contacted by Tesla and urged to change to the black headliner.

For some reason, this evokes images of someone being chastised by their neighbourhood HOA because their grass isn't the requisite 1.25"...

We know that Tesla is adding a backing fabric to the white synthetic material, at least to the ventilated version of it. So there is currently a question of whether or not that is causing any delays on white seats. It seems that those who have white seats delivered prior to the backing fabric get the white upholstery, and/ or seat components replaced/ upgraded at no charge. We just don't have details yet.

I read somewhere that the white material is predominantly a PVC plastic based material, which most synthetic leather type materials tend to be.

We know that Tesla is adding a backing fabric to the white synthetic material, at least to the ventilated version of it. So there is currently a question of whether or not that is causing any delays on white seats. It seems that those who have white seats delivered prior to the backing fabric get the white upholstery, and/ or seat components replaced/ upgraded at no charge. We just don't have details yet.

I read somewhere that the white material is predominantly a PVC plastic based material, which most synthetic leather type materials tend to be.

All I can say is it's a light-year better than any vinyl/etc. I've ever experienced before. None of the sweating, none of the smell, and most importantly none of the flesh-burning properties (when left in the sun) of my parents' pleather seats.

Peter+

Can anyone point me to some pictures of a metallic silver X with ultra white seats? Currently I have a metallic silver X with grey seats on order but am wondering what the white seats would look like if they start offering them on the S.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks. That just what I was looking for. The white seats look nice but I can't tell if they really "go" with metallic silver. Opinions?
I personally like it a lot. It was an option we strongly considered. I believe @Cosmacelf has this configuration.

After seeing/having the white interior, the grey in my Model S looks drab every time I get into it.