Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question on trunk space for tesla 2021 7 seater

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I am considering to buy the 7 seater, fold down third row, move 2nd row forward so I can fit my dog crate at the back. My dog crate is 32inch depth and 23 inch height. Was wondering if there is any existing owners able to help measure that and see if it fits? I test drove the 5 seater and am pretty sure the slope at the back cuts into the height. Was hoping with 2nd row moved forward a bit would allow it to fit.

Finally something I feel I can try to answer! At 32” deep you should be able to fit it! these measurements are estimates as I barely fit in the trunk but they are half decent. ;-)

I’m measuring from the top of the seat as they are slanted back slightly and I’m assuming your dog crate is straight up and down. Trying to get realistic measurements here. With second row all the way forward, measuring back 32” the height clearance is about 24”. If I were you I’d put a blanket or something between the crate and the glass just to play it safe with bumps/acceleration.

If the seats are all the way back you’d hit the glass and the likely plastic trim on the hatch. The measurement from top of seat to hatch with seats in this position is 32.5” and from the “floor” to glass at this point is about 22”. Hope this helps!

Happy to snag any other measurements you have!
-Cam

Reactions: ArtK
Finally something I feel I can try to answer! At 32” deep you should be able to fit it! these measurements are estimates as I barely fit in the trunk but they are half decent. ;-)

I’m measuring from the top of the seat as they are slanted back slightly and I’m assuming your dog crate is straight up and down. Trying to get realistic measurements here. With second row all the way forward, measuring back 32” the height clearance is about 24”. If I were you I’d put a blanket or something between the crate and the glass just to play it safe with bumps/acceleration.

If the seats are all the way back you’d hit the glass and the likely plastic trim on the hatch. The measurement from top of seat to hatch with seats in this position is 32.5” and from the “floor” to glass at this point is about 22”. Hope this helps!

Happy to snag any other measurements you have!
-Cam
Hi Cam, can you take a few more measurements?
If half of the third row is up, what is the width from the seat to the side of the car?
If possible, i would like to know the width at the floor and the middle.

And btw this is my exact dog crate :D
The width at the bottom is 21" but it is protruded in the middle to around 22"

Was wondering if i can squeeze it with 1 of the third row seat up. My guess is no.

Hi Cam, can you take a few more measurements?
If half of the third row is up, what is the width from the seat to the side of the car?
If possible, i would like to know the width at the floor and the middle.

And btw this is my exact dog crate :D
The width at the bottom is 21" but it is protruded in the middle to around 22"

Was wondering if i can squeeze it with 1 of the third row seat up. My guess is no.
I'm not sure I'm understanding the measurements you're looking for. Could you do a little sketch or something? I'm happy to measure it, just want to make sure I'm getting the right ones.

First pic is the floor, 19”
Second is about 2/3 of the way up the seat at just shy of 21”
Sorry I misunderstood earlier. Long day. Figured it out after rereading.
hope this helps!

Attachments

• AF456DFB-607E-413C-9955-7DBAFE5120F6.jpeg
    AF456DFB-607E-413C-9955-7DBAFE5120F6.jpeg
    118.2 KB · Views: 72
  • 150AF9E4-9360-401C-8F53-B1D10958EF3C.jpeg
    150AF9E4-9360-401C-8F53-B1D10958EF3C.jpeg
    624.8 KB · Views: 65