Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Purchasing advice/decision Dilemma

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So we unfortunately lost our Model S in an accident a few months back (everyone was ok)...

Been monitoring things online and we definitely want to get an X this time around. so my budget is 90k which was the payout for the accident.

That being said, been monitoring all the various sites and listings and am down to 3 cars. Would like your advise! About me, usually drive 25-30k a year and due to that usually swap out cars every 2-3 years.

First car:
2017 Model X 90D through Texas Direct dealer.
$89,900
Pro: low miles, AP2
Con: Talked to Tesla, was a loaner that got in minor fender bender (bumper replaced) which is why it was wholesaled., apparently that is the direct source of all the cars Texas Direct has, have looked up many of their Tesla's and every single one has some kind of minor body damage before Tesla sold it...

Second Car:
Tesla CPO 2016 P90D
$93600
Pro: fully loaded, low miles, POWER
Con: Early production vehicle, AP1, will be sad if significant enhancements are made to AP2 in the next year or two.

Third Car:
2017 90D Private Sale
$91000
Pro: Low mile, AP2
Con: Private party sight unseen, will have to rely on seller for condition or 3rd party inspection. Other issue is that seller seems to be in the business of buying teslas, taking all the tax incentives, renting them out, and selling due to historical listings...

In an ideal world I'd find a 2016 90D with 6 seats and 20-30k miles for the high 70's which I could drive for a couple years and not feel bad about selling for 50k... so far I haven't been able to find that vehicle, its unfortunate because Tesla even told me that they have over 70 used Model X vehicles in inventory but aren't allowed to sell them because they have a shortage of loaners so they are assigned for that use, my advisor even sent me build sheets for a bunch of them that were priced now around 71-75k but I couldn't take delivery for 8-16 months..

Thanks for any input/advise!! much appreciated!

-Jon

no, sorry for misunderstanding, I can take delivery immediately of the 3 cars above but the 70+ cars Tesla has in inventory but not releasing wouldn't be available for 8-16 months. I'm not considering them since they aren't available, was just saying because it's frustrating they have the inventory but won't release it...