Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pull over safely, vehicle is shutting down.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could this be a paint issue ? Could it be rusty water.?
0CD18B39-C2ED-4199-B894-71BC4079BAE4.png
Took it for a wash and it didn’t come off now I have to buff it off

• Informative
Reactions: KenC
Could this be a paint issue ? Could it be rusty water.? View attachment 775155 Took it for a wash and it didn’t come off now I have to buff it off

Looks like a bird may have gotten into a bag of Taco Bell....and the car happened to be below the bird when it let it fly. Or could be someone purposely put something there.

Buffing it out with some light rubbing compound or polish would be my first step.

Reactions: Burly11
That would be false.
Engines: "a machine for converting any of various forms of energy into mechanical force and motion" Merriam-Webster

The more you know!

You could also be dictionary accurate to call it a "transformer" or "converter" since it's converting electricity into rotation. However we already have a specific term for exactly what it is - it's an electrical motor.

You could also be dictionary accurate to call it a "transformer" or "converter" since it's converting electricity into rotation. However we already have a specific term for exactly what it is - it's an electrical motor.
Yes, that is a more specific term, but if you want to use specific terms, then you should call it an IC engine (or ICE) to distinguish it from a non-IC engine.
Regardless, that doesn't change the fact that saying it is not an engine is incorrect. That would be being dictionary inaccurate.

Last edited:
Rear engine went out. They are ordering a new one. I asked how does a brand new engine just go out. Reply it happens faulty equipment. Can will be ready sometime this week. They gave me the S loaner in the meantime
How did they determine the cause? My S has done this about 6 times, they refuse to consider a faulty motor and cannot reproduce the event because it's random.