Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production vs. Conversion, Model S Drivetrain, EVTV coverage etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thats if Tesla truly uses ceramic bearings, and the electricity flow doesn't jump to the bearing race. It's obvious by the introduction of the brushes he shows in the video, that Tesla added those in the DU revision, to redirect the flow to follow the path of least resistance.

Have you even watched the video? It's obvious that the front rotor bearing is bad.

I hope he's not the only man to do so because I'd never trust him with my money. He's proven to be quite irrational, as many people who have tried to deal with him will attest.
Wait until you deal with Tesla then. They make Jack look like the most competent man in the world, and a saint.

It's easy to type nonsense on a forum with no skin in the game, but quite the opposite when you have $100k+ invested.

Thats if Tesla truly uses ceramic bearings, and the electricity flow doesn't jump to the bearing race. It's obvious by the introduction of the brushes he shows in the video, that Tesla added those in the DU revision, to redirect the flow to follow the path of least resistance.

Have you even watched the video? It's obvious that the front rotor bearing is bad.

Of course I watched the video, and I never said the bearings don't fail for some reason. It's a fact that SKF bearings made ceramic bearings for Tesla Tesla Model S Makes Use Of SKF Ceramic Motor Bearings - Video
I guess it's possible that some units didn't use them, though unlikely, and I guess it's possible that somehow electricity is somehow affecting the bearing race. It's also possible that Jack is wrong. He's often wrong, though rarely will he ever admit it, even when clearly proven to be.

Wait until you deal with Tesla then. They make Jack look like the most competent man in the world, and a saint.

It's easy to type nonsense on a forum with no skin in the game, but quite the opposite when you have $100k+ invested.

The amount of money involved has nothing to do with Jack's long history of irrational behaviors. I know too many people who have had too many unpleasant dealings with him and I've seen too many examples of his inability to admit when he is flat out wrong. I applaud all the technical work Jack has done and I appreciate that he's spent a lot of money doing the work. None of that is enough to make me want to ever deal with him in any business transaction.

The amount of money involved has nothing to do with Jack's long history of irrational behaviors. I know too many people who have had too many unpleasant dealings with him and I've seen too many examples of his inability to admit when he is flat out wrong. I applaud all the technical work Jack has done and I appreciate that he's spent a lot of money doing the work. None of that is enough to make me want to ever deal with him in any business transaction.
So no firsthand dealings with either Jack or Tesla? Yeah, my uncles cousins cousin......

Like I said, they call it "skin in the game".

So no firsthand dealings with either Jack or Tesla? Yeah, my uncles cousins cousin......

Like I said, they call it "skin in the game".

I've interacted with Jack on various forums for almost 10 years. That's firsthand dealing with him, and I've seen his dealing with others. I'm guessing you're dealing with him yourself, and I hope it all works out well. I'd simply suggest being careful, but feel free to ignore my experience because I never personally handed him cash.

I've interacted with Jack on various forums for almost 10 years. That's firsthand dealing with him, and I've seen his dealing with others. I'm guessing you're dealing with him yourself, and I hope it all works out well. I'd simply suggest being careful, but feel free to ignore my experience because I never personally handed him cash.
Nope. Never dealt with him, nor dealing with him now. Would do so if I needed something though, as everyone is wrong at some point, and erasing some posts on his website isn't much indication of anything except someone in denial or not being very good at admitting he is wrong.
Anyway, I have dealt with Tesla, and anbody is better to deal with than that operation-even stealerships.

Are drive units still failing at an excessive rate in newer vehicles? Reports of such seem to have significantly diminished.
Define excessive? Another thing to consider is software downgrades. When Tesla has a hardware problem, they limit it with software. The newer software doesn't push the DU as hard, therefore it's impossible to have an apples to apples comparison.

I could be mistaken but I thought the initial drive unit failures were pretty even across all models, not dependent upon power levels.

Would do so if I needed something though, as everyone is wrong at some point, and erasing some posts on his website isn't much indication of anything except someone in denial or not being very good at admitting he is wrong.

My issues with Jack go far beyond deleting posts to try and make the truth go away, that's just a symptom of the greater issue, which I bolded above. What if you have an issue with your order from him and he doesn't think it's a problem? In fact the refusal to admit their wrongdoing seems to be part of the problem you have with Tesla, is it not?

I see your point and agree somewhat, but Jack said specifically, he will not sell just the controller. It's the whole package or nothing, which will minimize potential problems. He does sell cheap Chinese stuff also, but mentions it comes from China. If you are cheap, and buy Chinese garbage, then you deserve junk. By now, everybody should know that China for the most part makes garbage.

As for Tesla, they have no problem admitting anything. That's not the problem. The problem is that they sell cars, and still think that they own them. They simply don't care if one does not like it.