Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production/Delivery Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just about here!

I just got a call from Tesla, and they're putting my Roadster on a truck tomorrow. It should be here Friday or Saturday! They made a push to get it here by my birthday (Saturday) and they managed to do it.

I'll be sure to post the obligatory pictures once it arrives.

Just for the record, I placed the order on April 16th. If it arrives on August 29, then it'll have been 135 days from order to delivery.

As promised, my Roadster showed up on the morning of my birthday, August 29th. I think that the guys at Tesla made a real effort to get it to me in time, and I really apprecieate it. It's a birthday that I won't soon forget!

I had to flip a coin to see which of my kids got the first ride. (Oliver won, Sam was really disappointed.) They both really liked it, and I got a chance to show it to our friends/neighbors the Samuelsons. I think that they kind of want to buy one, but can't really justify a two seat car with two kids (and a two car garage; mine is three and it made all the difference!)

I like the Fusion Red color. It's not all that subtle, but that's really not the point in this kind of car. I've already experienced what many others have mentioned: people come up and ask about it. I've gotten thumbs up from random people in traffic, and have started working on my one-minute explanation. I'm sure I'll get better at that as time goes on.

Photo (click on Back To Album for more)

As promised, my Roadster showed up on the morning of my birthday, August 29th. I think that the guys at Tesla made a real effort to get it to me in time, and I really apprecieate it. It's a birthday that I won't soon forget!

I had to flip a coin to see which of my kids got the first ride. (Oliver won, Sam was really disappointed.) They both really liked it, and I got a chance to show it to our friends/neighbors the Samuelsons. I think that they kind of want to buy one, but can't really justify a two seat car with two kids (and a two car garage; mine is three and it made all the difference!)

I like the Fusion Red color. It's not all that subtle, but that's really not the point in this kind of car. I've already experienced what many others have mentioned: people come up and ask about it. I've gotten thumbs up from random people in traffic, and have started working on my one-minute explanation. I'm sure I'll get better at that as time goes on.

Photo (click on Back To Album for more)

What can I say more than happy birthday and congratulations!!! I bet you will remember this day for quite some time.

Happy B day!

Spent yesterday with a fusion Red Roadster yesterday. It's like liquid nail polish or movie blood. Amazing.

Bill, it looks like your interior is all black?

Be prepared to answer, " 244 miles, quick as 3.5 hours, 0-60 in 3.9(7) seconds, 125 electronically limited. Now be prepared to say it about a million times. :)

Originally Posted by bolosky

Happy B day!

Spent yesterday with a fusion Red Roadster yesterday. It's like liquid nail polish or movie blood. Amazing.

Bill, it looks like your interior is all black?

I saw it (VIN 670) last night when bolosky came over to pickup his RFMC. The Fusion Red with Premium all black interior is a really great combo.

He has been driving it so much in the first few days that his MC120 couldn't keep up with his recharging requirements. Slowly losing ground each day. He was down to 35 ideal miles. Back up to 190 now.

Last edited:
Yes the biggest monetary incentives is that f.inst. an Audi R8 starts at $324 000 for the 420hp model. That is including the fee-based disincentive and sales tax. The Roadster is around $140 000 including the disincentives and sales tax, which happens to be both $0 for the Roadster.

The major problem for Roadster sales in Norway the way I see it is that sales of unpractical, open-top sports cars at above the $100 000 price bracket is pretty small.

The Model S on the other hand matches many models of both Audi and Volvo as well as higher end Fords. That could potentially put Tesla in the top 10 selling brands if they price it aggressively...

Cobos

Slightly old news, but this is from the Tesla September newsletter:
...We shipped a record 109 vehicles in July and enjoyed a surge in new Roadster purchases. The strong financial results show that there is brisk demand for a unique car that offers performance with a clean conscience. We've delivered about 700 cars to customers so far, and new customers buy Roadsters every week...