Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problem driving this morning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unplugged car this morning with 80% battery. I noticed it took 4 or 5 times for car to unlatch charger cable. Didnt think to much of it, but then drive down driveway and hear grinding/clanking noise from rear. I stopped and reversed back in garage without any grinding noise. I go into house and come back out and try to drive again, but now with no problems. I continued to drive more than 100 miles with no issue. Wondering if i should take it in or just continue to drive. Here are notifications i got when grinding noise occurred.
Thanks

Attachments

• 20231004_122030(0).jpg
    20231004_122030(0).jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 110
  • 20231004_122030.jpg
    20231004_122030.jpg
    366.2 KB · Views: 61
It appears that the two are unrelated.

Your first error about the charge connector appears to indicate that your car was providing a software update to your Wall Connector, which is interesting. I haven't seen that before, and figured the Wall Connector got updates from WiFi. Perhaps yours isn't on WiFi.

The other errors indicate a pretty serious problem with your rear motor. The car appears to have disabled the rear motor and allowed you to continue driving on just the front motor. Although if you were able to drive to work normally, without reduced power or other symptoms, the issue may be transient.

I'd schedule a service appointment to investigate. Your app should automatically populate your service request with these errors.