Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PRNDL shifter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, if only 1 or 2 things I said influenced the product in a positive way that would be great. Hopefully they didn't waste much time chasing bad blogger ideas.

On this board it was mentioned that they needed to start delivering Roadsters ASAP, and to resort to a single speed transmission to gain time.

Must be a coincidence its exactly what they are doing.

Excellent find.

So if you're on a flat road with the car in neutral and no brakes applied the car stays stationary. Flick it into drive (or reverse) and it starts to creep in that direction?

We were originally hoping that L and D would be provided to allow for two levels of regen.

But maybe limited regen options can be swapped through the VDS menus. Or maybe there is only one setting

Last edited:
You can see PRND in the center of the instrument cluster.

2478135686_70ab914d69.jpg

Sad all those shoe marks on the door sill...yikes!

I agree, but I think it was done this way to simplify the conversion from drivetrain 1. I suspect that the old positions for gear 1 and gear 2 are still there underneath this new faceplate.

But given that this lever is really just a switch I can't see why they didn't just reprogram it. Unless it would have meant having to re-do a whole lot of DOT/homologation paperwork.