Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Rear Console

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's what I've been thinking. Tesla cannot be happy with the company that did the front consoles.

Then again, maybe these were supposed to be ready 2 years ago, but nothing went up in the store until they were really ready. There were some picture back then...

- - - Updated - - -

Wow. How are you getting yours so soon? I ordered the first day they were available, and have not even got the shipping confirmation yet. Maybe Tan/Obeche Matte is slower than Black/Carbon Fiber?

That's my guess too. FedEx shows it's on the truck for delivery.

Yes I ordered Tan/Obeche Gloss the very next morning, and I haven't heard anything yet. I also saw a note after placing the order on the confirmation page that said something like "Please allow 3-5 days for assembly of custom decor". If that had been the Front Center Console, it might have said to allow 3-5 years, instead!

Just got my shipping confirmation and tracking number. I only paid for ground shipping so probably be here sometime next week if it's coming from California. Given the history with the center console I'm really amazed at how fast has been.

Ordered yesterday morning. Rec'd this morning. Installed in ~30secs. Looks great, doesn't move around (there's a nice rubber pad underneath to prevent sliding); the back of the unit is flocked to prevent any rubbing on the leather seat. There's a removable rubber mat inside and a flocked tray that can be removed or positioned at the front or back.

My only complaint is that the interior compartment is about 1/2" too short to fit an iPad inside.

P.S. I have Tan/Carbon-Fiber.

Last edited:
Pics:
Untitled.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

Untitled3.jpg

Very nice. I pulled the trigger this morning on the nappa black leather and black decor. I have the rear seat cup holders, the ones that are the adjustable straps, but my kids accidentally step on them all of the time and pop out strap. It's always a pain to put them back in. I'll be glad not to have to deal with that again.

Lol. NigelM just beat me. But here is my black/carbon. Build quality is solid though it's a lot lighter than I had imagined it would be. I love the solution they came up for securing it (versus having to use a seatbelt). When tight, it doesn't really budge though you can still lift the front up off the seat about an inch. The felt material for the cell phone holder, and the yacht floor like rubber on the bottom are nice touches. Color and trim is a perfect match. I think it's well worth the $700 at least when compared with the pricing of other Tesla accessories (remember the $700 carbon fiber yacht floor?).

IMG_3658.JPG
IMG_3659.JPG
IMG_3660.JPG
IMG_3661.JPG
IMG_3662.JPG
IMG_3663.JPG

Thanks all for the pics! I am so glad I held out for this instead of installing the "Fifty Shades of Grey"-style cupholders! And was it Nigel who originally dubbed them that? It must have been, as it would likely require British wit for that level of brilliance.

It looks to me like CF was ready to ship, but the Obeche might not be...still no word on shipping for me, but then again I only placed the order yesterday morning.

@NigelM (and others who have received): How well does it stay planted in place? Seems like a bump or just minor lifting on the front side would move it. (Mine hasn't shipped yet...)

It's well seated, install with the clip provided then pull that tight. It really doesn't move from side to side at all, of course I wouldn't put a Venti Starbucks in there and then take it on to the track. You can lift it slightly from the front, but not that far and with normal (or even spirited) driving it sits just fine, including over speed bumps (assuming you don't take those at 50mph).

The stitching on this console is light grey and will not match those of us who have black stitching in our cars. This is also an issue for the center console. Apparently Tesla is only making them available in light colored stitching, which is kind of an F-U to early owners. My car was delivered in August 2013 and all surfaces have black stitching. Neither console will match my car, and Tesla said they are not making a version with dark stitching.

Thanks for nothing.

Ordered yesterday morning. Rec'd this morning. Installed in ~30secs. Looks great, doesn't move around (there's a nice rubber pad underneath to prevent sliding); the back of the unit is flocked to prevent any rubbing on the leather seat. There's a removable rubber mat inside and a flocked tray that can be removed or positioned at the front or back.

My only complaint is that the interior compartment is about 1/2" too short to fit an iPad inside.

P.S. I have Tan/Carbon-Fiber.
Removable?