Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Preferred Charging Cable Organizer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hi All, My 20+ foot charging cable is a pain to deal with in the garage as it gets tangled up in my family’s bikes and scooters, etc. What solutions do those of you with the cable charger use? Have you tried either of these latest options, the new Tesla charging cable organizer or the taptes charging cable organizer? Looks like Tesla decided to go with an approach similar to the garden hose organizer, while taptes is still offering a solution similar to Tesla’s prior version where you can plug the handle in a holster.
Cable Organizer

Gen 2 Tesla Cable Organizer, Tesla Model 3 S X Y Charging Cable Organizer, Tesla Charger Cord Holder Adapter

hi All, My 20+ foot charging cable is a pain to deal with in the garage as it gets tangled up in my family’s bikes and scooters, etc.
What solutions do those of you with the cable charger use?
Have you tried either of these latest options, the new Tesla charging cable organizer or the taptes charging cable organizer?
Looks like Tesla decided to go with an approach similar to the garden hose organizer, while taptes is still offering a solution
similar to Tesla’s prior version where you can plug the handle in a holster.
I would recommend having the cable located above the car, so you can turn around without walking on the cable,
especially when you go from the driver door to the trunk. The cable hang just above the car door receiver.

Here is an example of articulated arm that I made using two 10" Heavy Duty Tee Hinges from Home Depot.
I was using only one hinge initially but the articulation was a little bit clunky and not sturdy.

About holding the plug, I position the holder upside down, so the cable cannot slide and drop on the floor.
It is also easier to grab and to put it back.

20200217_102309.jpg

20200217_101842.jpg