Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF & Tints - How much dust underneath is expected/acceptable?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my model 3 full ppf wrap and side windows tinted. There seems to be quite a bit of dust that got under the wrap and tints. I've never gotten a car ppf before, so I'm not sure what is expected. I never really had dust under the tints of my other car.

Here's a gallery. Some of it I am not sure whether it is dust causing the bubbles, or just needs more time for the bubble to go away. I picked up my car on 7/12.
Wrap&Tint

I had a few more pictures of other bubbles, but they weren't too clear and wasn't sure if it was being caused by dust.

I'm definitely going to bring it up with the shop, but since there's dust on majority of the work that they've done, not sure if they will redo all of the work?

I got my model 3 full ppf wrap and side windows tinted. There seems to be quite a bit of dust that got under the wrap and tints. I've never gotten a car ppf before, so I'm not sure what is expected. I never really had dust under the tints of my other car.

Here's a gallery. Some of it I am not sure whether it is dust causing the bubbles, or just needs more time for the bubble to go away. I picked up my car on 7/12.
Wrap&Tint

I had a few more pictures of other bubbles, but they weren't too clear and wasn't sure if it was being caused by dust.

I'm definitely going to bring it up with the shop, but since there's dust on majority of the work that they've done, not sure if they will redo all of the work?
I’d have expected them to make sure there was no dust. You paid for professional work...a bit like a maid putting dirty sheets on the bed.

I think the answer is NONE. There shouldn't be any dust underneath the film. Now, if these are just some bubbles, they might work themselves out in a few days but otherwise I would have them fix it. This stuff is expensive enough to get right.
We have none of this on our fully wrapped and tinted X