Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF on the front of car... bonnet or lower bump strip? (Limited budget)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys

I'm in Australia, and we do country driving from time to time, where the roads often have small stones that can cause chips on the car.

I have a limited budget for PPF... if I were to PPF either the bonnet (hood) of the car, or the lower front bump strip (the whole plastic area), which is going to make more difference?
I guess I'm trying to work out whether most stone chip fly higher and hit the bonnet, or whether they typically hit the front of the car. Obviously both can happen on country roads, but I'd love people's thoughts on which area is more likely to be affected.

Of course if budget permitted, I'd do the whole front of the car, but at the moment I'm not in a position to.

Thanks guys!
Cheers
Mike

For the hood, the leading edge will get most of the chips, which is why a lot of kits only cover around half the hood and not all the way. The bumper definitely will get a lot more of the rocks, at least here in California Bay Area.

If you want to save money, you can do DIY (the hood is especially easy, even if you buy a bulk roll, due to it being essentially flat). The front bumper is a lot harder, pretty much the hardest panel to do.