Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall Charging Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am finding that when the SOC of my 2x PWs is low (less than 40% or so) any brief amount of charge, will cause the charge level to jump. You can see that in 15 min of grid charging (~3.3kW), that the SOC reported percent jumped from 10% to 56%, afterwards the charge rate then will appear normal. Has anyone else seen this? Could I be having a PW issue with potential damaged cells? This has been happening for the past few weeks as I’ve had to run my AC more, resulting in the PWs getting to a lower SOC.

Attachments

• 514FAE01-CA52-46DD-AE63-DA30EDADE4BB.jpeg
    514FAE01-CA52-46DD-AE63-DA30EDADE4BB.jpeg
    105.7 KB · Views: 96
  • 6F686C3E-C1AC-48AA-8C56-FEF1A8A01B11.jpeg
    6F686C3E-C1AC-48AA-8C56-FEF1A8A01B11.jpeg
    105.7 KB · Views: 47
I havent experienced that, nor do I remember anyone posting anything like that here. With that being said, I am not trying to say that my memory is infallible or anything.

If that was my system, I would definitely call tesla and ask them to look into it / explain it to me, however. If you find out anything, let us know.

Reactions: BGbreeder
Chatted with support ... they told me that they need to escalate to Tier 2 support before anything could be done and to determine next steps... will take 15 to 20 business days for them to get back to me! Typical piss-poor level of Tesla support.

Well, my issues continue to get more strange. I now see that PV is being pushed to both PW and grid while in self powered mode, reserve set to 20% and not enabled VPP. Yesterday I found that the PW would only charge to 94% even if I set reserve to 100% and that after sundown, I had a constant draw from the grid that started at .3 and ended at .5kW by sunrise even though my PW were above 50% (20% reserve). If I go off grid, all excess PV will be directed to PW charging and at night, PW will supply all power to the home. I just powered off everything, but issue still remains. Anyone else experiencing this odd behavior? My FW is 22.18.3 21c0ad81 … Thanks!

9F1292FF-AEC3-42BB-A405-717FC44EE4A4.jpeg

Bump. Anyone else seeing this? My max PW charge keeps getting lower and lower. Now down to 89%. I left the system in off grid mode and the system switched back to on grid when the PWs got to 34% with very low late night load (no AC).