Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok so I’m pretty much decided on a p85D :)

Just keeping an eye out for the right one now! The M4 is up for sale, I will miss it!

Attachments

• 1490E7A5-48F5-41BB-9302-BED0BB360FC0.jpeg
    1490E7A5-48F5-41BB-9302-BED0BB360FC0.jpeg
    401 KB · Views: 51
Ok so I’m pretty much decided on a p85D :)

Just keeping an eye out for the right one now! The M4 is up for sale, I will miss it!
good luck with the search and the sale of the M4 am sure you will find what you want.

Pity some of these aren't cheaper but can imagine that over the next couple of months the prices will come down:
Tesla Model S E P85D CVT
Tesla Model S E P85D CVT 4dr (Nav)
85 kWh Performance Model S 5YJSB7H44FF090184 | Tesla UK
Tesla Model S 85kWh Dual Motor 5dr [Nav]

Reactions: M4guy
good luck with the search and the sale of the M4 am sure you will find what you want.

Pity some of these aren't cheaper but can imagine that over the next couple of months the prices will come down:
Tesla Model S E P85D CVT
85 kWh Performance Model S 5YJSB7H44FF090184 | Tesla UK
Tesla Model S 85kWh Dual Motor 5dr [Nav]

Thanks very much, I think the 1st one in that list is sold now, I’ve enquired about it today but they wanted to give me buttons for the M4 so I’ll sell it privately.

Thoughts on this? 85 kWh Performance Model S 5YJSB7H43FF090192 | Tesla UK

Higher mileage than I wanted but the 100k mile warranty is good. I also wanted the 21” wheels (I wonder if I told them it was a deal breaker they would take some off another carbin stock?)

heehee that's the first one I posted on Friday. I like it a lot :) you could speak with them to see if they would be willing to swap the wheels with another car and just update the spec on each. They surely want to sell these cars and if that was the 1 thing that prevented the sale I know I would swap them although personally I do like these wheels but realise you want the 21's which is fair enough.

I don't suppose there are some Referral (21” Arachnid) wheels on eBay? Someone might have got them from the referral program and not wanted them, that would add some exclusivity. You could even buy the 19" vehicle without any wheels and get a discount ... take a picture of it up on bricks eh?!

Ok guys so Tesla have been kind enough to loan me a 75D from Thursday evening to Friday evening so I can use it for a working day to test range in the real world. :)

How much difference in range is there between a P85D or 85D to a 75D?

Ok guys so Tesla have been kind enough to loan me a 75D from Thursday evening to Friday evening so I can use it for a working day to test range in the real world. :)

Not a very technical answer but hardly any. The usable battery is very close between the two, and the P will be give slightly less range than the non P

From electrek.co

Original 60 – ~61 kWh total capacity, ~58.5 kWh usable.
Original 70 – ~71.2 kWh total capacity, 68.8 kWh usable
75/75D – 75 kWh total capacity, 72.6 kWh usable
Software limited 60/60D – 62.4 kWh usable
Software limited 70/70D – 65.9 kWh usable
85/P85/85D/P85D – ~81.5 kWh total capacity, ~77.5 kWh usable
90D/P90D – ~85.8 kWh total capacity, 81.8 kWh usable

and from link re: 100 battery: "the BMS indicates 98.4 kWh of usable capacity"

so on that basis the 85 battery has 10% more usable battery than the 75. Different battery chemistry, but I don't think that will make a difference?.

non-P(D) to P(D) is quoted at about 10% range reduction I think.

Although looking at Tesla website Car Designer:

NEDC range (unrealistic, but perhaps?? suitable for model-comparison) 75D=304 100D=393 P100DL=381

So 75D - 100D is NEDC Range difference +29%, usable battery difference is 36% ... so maybe not useful for comparison!

P100DL 381 miles : 100D 393 miles = 3%. I think the real world difference is more than that, but that's just my subjective view ... People did not buy the initial P100D and waiting for the 100D because they wanted Max Range. Can't believe they would have done that for just 3% ...

so I can use it for a working day to test range in the real world

Hardest part of that test will be NOT driving it like you stole it! Maybe you can ... ermmm ... do "that part of the test" at the start of the test (before charging) or after re-charging on second day :)

If you are trying for max reasonable day-to-day range, and assuming you are speed limited a good proportion of the time by commuter traffic then its good that we are in "Winter" and have low temperatures, so a reasonably-worst-case scenario

I suggest you try to use minimum energy, and as such turn on Range Mode and also try to use Climate as little as possible Turn the seat heater on (uses much less power than cabin air heater). Perhaps wear a woolly hat.I appreciate that you wouldn't drive like that normally, but if you do your test like that and it doesn't have the range then for certain you're not going to be able to squeeze any more out of it ...

Plug the car in (13 AMP socket will do as presumably that will be all you have at home) and pre-heat it for at least 30 minutes before you leave. When you own the car, and it is plugged in overnight, you can schedule heating to happen whilst you are still asleep :)

Actually if the car is reasonably charged when you get home then charging it on 13AMP will probably charge it to 100% overnight. normally it would be set to, say, Charge Limit = 90% so if you want to start with 100% charge then you'll need to change the Slider Config to 100%

13AMP will charge at about 5 MPH.

No need to do that if your Test Day is not a max-range day, but just a "decent range try-out" test.

There are two TRIP counters, so you might want to reset both of those at the start, and then you could use one for whole-day and the second for individual journey. If you are visiting clients then getting-there is likely to be one figure, and short-journey-between clients something else.

Apologies if this all Granny + Eggs, just keen that your only-one-day test goes as well as it can.

• Informative
Reactions: M4guy and Penfold
keep in mind the battery capacity also helps for fast charging,

Good point, that mounts up on longer journeys.

I tried ABetterRoutePlanner from Exeter Supercharger to Abington (Scotland) - 400 miles - longest direct motorway stretch I could think of - several superchargers to choose from - both cars starting with 100% charge

S100D = 1 stop for 39 minutes.
S75D = 3 stops, total charging time 62 minutes plus an additional 19 minutes driving (10 minutes per extra stop seems like quite a bit, but it certainly isn't "nothing" getting off motorway and driving round a service station, plus get-out-and-plugin/disconnect)

Good point, that mounts up on longer journeys.

I tried ABetterRoutePlanner from Exeter Supercharger to Abington (Scotland) - 400 miles - longest direct motorway stretch I could think of - several superchargers to choose from - both cars starting with 100% charge

S100D = 1 stop for 39 minutes.
S75D = 3 stops, total charging time 62 minutes plus an additional 19 minutes driving (10 minutes per extra stop seems like quite a bit, but it certainly isn't "nothing" getting off motorway and driving round a service station, plus get-out-and-plugin/disconnect)

On paper the 100D sounds like an easy winner, but realistically you'd still need to stop to eat, go to the toilet or just stretch your legs on such a long journey, so yes the 75D sounds like an inconvenience but it could actually be better for your health!

Reactions: M4guy and Terry_B58