Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Positive End-to-end Order Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

As some of you may have seen in other posts, I ordered a 2015 Model S 85D (with 17k miles and pretty much all options) on 3/25. Car arrived at the SC on 4/2 and I took delivery of the car (which is in near perfect condition) on 4/5. The experience getting the car at the SC was pretty good. The car was issued a 60-day Maryland temp tag and I've been driving it the past few weeks without issue.

I wanted to give a quick update on the back-end of the transaction which was also a very positive experience. On Friday (4/26) I received a FedEx package from Tesla containing the original title of the car and all DMV paperwork filled out for my state (Delaware) including required trade-in paperwork for my old car.

I took everything to the DMV today and I didn't need to do a thing other than sign the papers (which were highlighted where I needed to sign). I just handed the employee the entire packet from Tesla. He went through all the documents and said everything was there and correctly filled out. I received my plate, registration, and I was on my way in under 10 minutes. It was honestly the shortest time I've ever spent at the DMV :)

So the entire time from the point I pressed the 'Buy' button until I got the title was about 30 days. That is pretty good.

Just wanted to post that this was overall a great experience.

Thanks,
-DJ

Thanks for taking the time to post a positive experience. There’s always more of a burning motivation to post the pissed-off horror stories that seem to make up most of the threads here, so thanks for the glimmer of hope.

P.S. to the victims of Tesla atrocities on this subforum: I’d post the same indignant things if some of the stuff you’ve had to go through happened to me. Here’s hoping it doesn’t (going on 2 weeks since placing my CPO order).

That's great to hear your experience. Thanks for sharing.

I'm going thru the process now, and communication has been very good. I'm hoping the car looks good in person. It's encouraging to hear a positive story, since you mostly hear the negative ones.

Agreed. Not uncommon on a support forum to only hear the horror stories but good to be reminded every now and then that with every bad experience, there are a number of good ones as well. Nothing is perfect but after watching the Rich Rebuild purchase debacle, I was expecting the worst and was pleasantly surprised.