Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Portland General Electric new SmartBattery program

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

CWhite

2020 Model S LR+
Sep 3, 2020
Beaverton OR
Hello all from the Pacific NW, just got an email from Portland General Electric they they are changing their battery program from a flat $20 per month to $1.70 per kWh. They decide when they pull power. I sent a question on how many ‘events’ they expect a year(if they have any idea). They also now give you a choice of how much to send(great if you have more than one Powerwall). Will be interesting to see how it works out financially. I they only have 6 events a year and pull 60 kWh total then we net less than the old system. I didn’t get the Powerwall to make money but it is nice to make a little and help the grid by keeping a gas plant from idling waiting for a voltage drop.

Attachments

• IMG_9389.jpeg
    IMG_9389.jpeg
    167.4 KB · Views: 79
  • Informative
Reactions: AS9.9.
Hello all from the Pacific NW, just got an email from Portland General Electric they they are changing their battery program from a flat $20 per month to $1.70 per kWh. They decide when they pull power. I sent a question on how many ‘events’ they expect a year(if they have any idea). They also now give you a choice of how much to send(great if you have more than one Powerwall). Will be interesting to see how it works out financially. I they only have 6 events a year and pull 60 kWh total then we net less than the old system. I didn’t get the Powerwall to make money but it is nice to make a little and help the grid by keeping a gas plant from idling waiting for a voltage drop.
Got a reply, you will be able to pick 30,50 or 80% of your battery storage to contribute per event, they plan on 10-15 events per year and are committing to 10.