Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll on V11 interface

What is your overall take on V 11?

• I like its organization and customization a lot but its graphics are clunky. But function over form.

Votes: 104 14.5%
  • I love it and it's a huge Improvement in every way.

Votes: 149 20.7%
  • I I hate it and everything about it– wish I had not installed it.

Votes: 395 54.9%
  • I like its organization/customizability but its graphics are so bad it's overall a step backwards.

Votes: 71 9.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The wipers will move if you press the button on the stalk. Not a good idea if the window is dry.
True enough.
If you want to check the status (to see if in auto mode or off) and don't want to move the wipers you need to hunt further than before.
Agreed, which is why I want Tesla to provide a widget for the wipers that can be shown in the toolbar at the bottom of the display.
For the odometer or tire pressure display you're saying there is one more action required which is true, but do you actually think it is BETTER this way?
I never said it was better. Again, I want there to be a widget for those things so they can be placed in the toolbar.
The workaround is to tap the car icon and leave the Controls page up. This works only if you don't care to see the map or the navigation information.
Or if you want the rear view cameras to be displayed, which I typically do.

There are clearly things that need to be improved in V11. That is often the case when Tesla does a major UI update, and in my 9 year ownership experience, over time Tesla does respond to customer complaints and makes changes. But it won’t happen immediately.

My suspicion is that all that stuff might have been in the works already, with the orogrammers plugging away and perhaps quite satisfied with their progress and optimistic that they might be ready to release a finished product in March or April or something. Then some idiot with a tremendous amount of leverage within Tesla walked into the room and told them all that they HAD to release a special software Xmas gift for the customers before Christmas...
And a bunch of them just quit rather than deal with this s____show.

I work at a somewhat leaderless tech start up, and I yearn for someone to step up and make command decisions from time to time, it's a necessary evil with compressed dev schedules and limited capacity, but wow, this crap is over the top for a more mature company trying to shift to mainstream adoption and production. It's not 2013 anymore.

some people even check the gravitational so-called 'constant' each day.

can't be cautious enough, these days.
I only check tire pressures on the Model 3. I lower the pressure on the 3 to 37 PSI which is lower than the 45 PSI suggested by Tesla. That is to compensate somewhat, for the harsh suspension. However, that lowers the efficiency somewhat, so I need to increase the tire pressures to around 43 PSI for long distance traveling.

There is another reason to check the tire pressures regularly, though : just 2 days back, when traveling out of town, we hit some wood debris (shredded 2x4s) on the freeway. I had to immediately check the tire pressures to check if I had incurred a flat.

The very intuitive (ahem!) controls->service menu is the new way to do it. The older way was better to have a quick check.

Can you learn all these new ways? Sure. Should you have to? Absolutely not. Not when the buttons were replaced by dead space which achieves absolutely nothing. Not when the customizable apps are Tidal or some other stuff I have never had much use for.

Also, it isn't clear to me how to automatically save the last 10 minutes of video. Any clarification would be appreciated.

Settings > touch the dash cam icon

73B4AC08-B844-46A9-B165-0407CF733ADD.jpeg

The wipers will move if you press the button on the stalk. Not a good idea if the window is dry. If you want to check the status (to see if in auto mode or off) and don't want to move the wipers you need to hunt further than before. The new location requires you to extend your arm to the far side of the screen and while driving it's hard to not accidentally tap on something above or below. I can't possibly see how this could be considered an improvement.

For the odometer or tire pressure display you're saying there is one more action required which is true, but do you actually think it is BETTER this way? I think the point most of us are trying to make is that change is welcome but only if it's better. Everyone in here drives an electric car and by that alone, we accept change more than most in society.

Agreed 100%
I am trying to think of any reason I would want to know if my wipers are on auto or not if it is not raining? When it starts to rain they will either come on or I will hit the button and get the setting screen up...as for not a good idea if window is dry...how do you clean dirty windows of bug glue and dirt while on a road trip? I use wipers and the water spray...no damage to my windscreen...

• Funny
Reactions: jabloomf1230