Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plug in reminder?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sleepydoc

Aug 2, 2020
Minneapolis
Is there any way to have your car remind you to plug it in? I charge at night to take advantage of off peak charging. My car is on the right side in our garage so I don’t like to leave it plugged in during the day just to minimize the risk of my wife clipping the plug when she pulls into the garage. As a result I’ll often times forget to go out and plug it in in the evening. It would be nice to set a notice that goes out at 8 PM when the charge is less than 50% or something similar.

Is there any way to have your car remind you to plug it in? I charge at night to take advantage of off peak charging. My car is on the right side in our garage so I don’t like to leave it plugged in during the day just to minimize the risk of my wife clipping the plug when she pulls into the garage. As a result I’ll often times forget to go out and plug it in in the evening. It would be nice to set a notice that goes out at 8 PM when the charge is less than 50% or something similar.
Sorry for asking, you cant park in the left side of the garage?

Sorry for asking, you cant park in the left side of the garage?
We talked about that when I got the car, but logistically it works much better to have my car on the right. The other issue is she has strabismus and her depth perception is not great, so pulling in with the edge of the garage door on her right is much easer.

It’s another reason It would be a lot easier to have the charge port at the front like almost every other EV. :/

I have about 3 alarms set on my phone in any given day for various things... if I needed a reminder to plug in my car each day at 8:00 PM I would set an alarm to go off at 8:00 PM each day labeled "plug in car"

Keith
Yeah, I’m thinking Siri is my best option. Of course, now I need a reminder to tell Siri to remind me!

Siri shortcut that runs automatically at whatever time you want, wakes the car up, checks the state of charge and if it is plugged in and an if statement to tell you the car is below 50 % and not plugged in will trigger a notification.
If you are an android guy there is something similar but can’t remember what it is called.

Siri shortcut that runs automatically at whatever time you want, wakes the car up, checks the state of charge and if it is plugged in and an if statement to tell you the car is below 50 % and not plugged in will trigger a notification.
If you are an android guy there is something similar but can’t remember what it is called.
The stats app (iOS only) has this logic built in.