Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picture of 2021 Model S refresh with Tempest wheels no wheel covers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m happy with new tempest wheel design and color. Lots of options for lug nut covers and center caps.

3C570EC9-D312-4AC8-B1C4-1A0857C9DEE7.jpeg

The 19" Cardenio wheels are $745 each, regardless of size. If you want the Tempest wheel covers, you need to order those separately ($30 each). Beyond that you'll need the a TPMS module ($75 each) and then a set of center caps and lug nut covers will run you ~80. I did not get tired from Tesl was I wanted the Michelins not the Conti--they cost me $1,427 from Tire Rack, plus another $200 to mount/balance the tire on the rims.
Just came back across this post. $745 for each Tempest wheel only (or $2980 for 4x) means that Tesla's winter set (when in stock)really is a total bargain at $2750 for 4x Tempest wheels, 4x TPMS (around $300), and 4x Pirelli P Zero Winter (these are over $400 a tire if you were to buy them yourself!). I hope this set comes back in stock so more people can get their hands on them.

Reactions: omarsultan
Just came back across this post. $745 for each Tempest wheel only (or $2980 for 4x) means that Tesla's winter set (when in stock)really is a total bargain at $2750 for 4x Tempest wheels, 4x TPMS (around $300), and 4x Pirelli P Zero Winter (these are over $400 a tire if you were to buy them yourself!). I hope this set comes back in stock so more people can get their hands on them.

@WilliamG You are peddling a ghost solution as they are not available; and even when they are, they are not 🤪 Might as well be a $1, or a $1M, as you can’t get them, appearently, anytime soon.

Shout out: Did anyone who ordered them the other night, when they appeared briefly to be available, get them or a valid tracking number?! I suspect not. Tesla did get everyone’s money at the time of order, however!

If you could actually get this winter set, before spring, it would be a killer deal!

@WilliamG You are peddling a ghost solution as they are not available; and even when they are, they are not 🤪 Might as well be a $1, or a $1M, as you can’t get them, appearently, anytime soon.

Shout out: Did anyone who ordered them the other night, when they appeared briefly to be available, get them or a valid tracking number?! I suspect not. Tesla did get everyone’s money at the time of order, however!

If you could actually get this winter set, before spring, it would be a killer deal!
I've no doubt I'll get them soon. I'm sure my particular backorder is because they just haven't shipped from the fulfillment center to the Service Center. Expect they'll ship this week. Apparently they also ship piecemeal, and the service centers have to install the TPMS, mount and balance the tires etc. Feel like it would be cheaper to ship them fully assembled, but I don't make those decisions.

Also, no peddling, but it's good for people to be aware of what will be available, especially since you can sign up for an in-stock notification, and it's a killer deal on the set.

Reactions: jebinc
Here is the rim and tire off the car and the tires installed on another guys car as I have not put them on yet but he did
Hey fellow Canuck!
Soon to be tesla owner here - Edd of early ummer 2022.

Have mine coming in red and with tempest wheels.

My plan is to get aftermarket for summer time driving and then put winter tires on the tempest rims... Considering our Ontario winters, this should be ideal.

Can you lemme know what rims are on the white S in your post?

Thanks

Hey fellow Canuck!
Soon to be tesla owner here - Edd of early ummer 2022.

Have mine coming in red and with tempest wheels.

My plan is to get aftermarket for summer time driving and then put winter tires on the tempest rims... Considering our Ontario winters, this should be ideal.

Can you lemme know what rims are on the white S in your post?

Thanks
Prepare to love your car ! Rims are Replika R241s and don’t forget that Tesla TPMS sensors are Bluetooth. Best price seems to be over the counter from Tesla. I am running X-Ice on those rims and they are excellent.

It is good to find some 19" love in this thread. When the cars started to ship (I got mine later September) the love/hate/love in other threads between the 19" and 21" wheels was quite fascinating. As if advocating harder made it right. As people started getting the cars and finding the hidden gems behind the plastic fairings (hubcaps :) ) and a notably better ride with the 19" things settled down a bit. The to and fro on snow tires created a ton of FUD in the forums as well and many people just wanted a simple and easy to source solution. I had folks telling my my setup (which was guaranteed to work by PMC tire) would not work yet here I am 10,000 kM of winter driving later and they have been fantastic and at a great price for the entire setup including Tesla TPMS sensors. I am an Engineer and naturally curious person that is fact driven so while I enjoy the forums to an extent, sometimes opinions seem to try to win vs facts. I had 20s on my M540 and they were pothole magnets. Two rims bent in normal spring potholes within three years. The 19" snow configuration has taken the Ontario winter full on, potholes and all and (knock on wood) have been a great ride and surprisingly quiet for snows.