Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone App: BlueStacks emulation app thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can also use Bluestacks (Run Mobile Apps on Windows PC or Mac with BlueStacks | Android App Player) to run the Android app on a Mac or PC.

Bluestacks on a PC is clunkier than you'd imagine, it felt like being back on Windows 3.0, going to delete it. Safari on iPad refuses to download Bluestacks. I'll just wait for the iPhone app.

BTW, someone mentioned to me that this is of course a Beta and Tesla is effectively running a widespread test right now. That may be why the iPhone version isn't out yet.

Downloaded Bluestacks for Mac OS and it installed easily. When I do a search for "Tesla Model S" it comes up with an "Install" button. When I click that, I get a window that shows some colored squares, but not Tesla App. It claims to be "Searching App Stores..." but nothing after 10 minutes. What am I doing wrong?
Same exact thing here. Don't think you're doing anything wrong.

But is does come up in the initial search. Just won't install.

- - - Updated - - -

When was the last actual Android user download I wonder.

I downloaded Bluestacks for Mac at 8:25 this morning.

To get to the Tesla Model S app, do the following:
Search for "Google Play." Then download "Movies & TV," enter your Google account information, then use Google Play to search for "Tesla Model S." Install, and log into your MY Tesla account! Voila!

I showed my wife the functionality of the app to update in real time and display speeds and such. I then joked it's not the marital infidelity car of choice - now she knows if I want to take the old Mustang or GTO that she should be concerned. :)

i can't get maps/location to work.. crashes app every time. any thoughts? is it maybe because car doesn't have a loc fix as it's in garage?

mac os/bluestacks.

thx

(tapping toe waiting for iOS app....)

i can't get maps/location to work.. crashes app every time. any thoughts? is it maybe because car doesn't have a loc fix as it's in garage?

mac os/bluestacks.

thx

(tapping toe waiting for iOS app....)

Clicking on location using Bluestacks is a great way to quit the application! Has nothing to do with where your car is located. That button simply doesn't work! Everything else does, though. Better than nothing, but definitely waiting for iOS - hopefully SOOOOOON! Tapping my toe as well!

Meanwhile, at BlueStacks headquarters....

VP of Sales: "We've had a massive spike in downloads the past 24 hours." :love:

VP of Marketing: "Clearly there is strong demand in the market to run android apps on the desktop using our half-baked emulator!" :cool:

CEO: "Hey guys, check this out, I was able to run Tesla's new android app on our software. Look, I can honk my horn! *honk* Hey CTO, for some reason it crashed when I click on location, can you fix that ASAP?" :biggrin:

CTO: :cursing:

To summarize the BlueStack situation:

• First thing to do in BlueStack is to log in to your Google Account through settings.
  • That should update the AppMarketplace to Google Play
  • Then search for Tesla Model S and it should install OK.
  • You won't be able to log into the app!!!
  • Go back into BlueStack settings, select manage apps and change the Tesla App to tablet instead of default.
  • Now you can log in, but after logging in the display is messed up
  • Go back to settings and switch back to default from tablet.
  • Now you should be good to go.

Do NOT press on the location icon unless you want to crash the app.

Dear Mods,

I think we need a separate thread for BlueStack app, and this one for the actual mobile app :crying:

I think this problem will solve itself the instant the iPhone app is released (hopefully imminently). I don't think anybody actually wants to run on BlueStacks, we are just too impatient to wait for the iPhone version. Members of this forum are not known for their patience.... ;)

Dear Mods,

I think we need a separate thread for BlueStack app, and this one for the actual mobile app :crying:

Seconded… I keep coming here to find out how the app works, if there is an iPhone release yet, etc.. the bluestack stuff should be moved to another thread. Also, people might confuse bluestack bugs with app bugs when reading this thread in the future.