Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phoenix to Telluride - Totally Doable and FREE!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that ski season is upon us I made the trek from Phoenix (well Scottsdale) to Telluride. I didn't take any notes and evtrippllaner.com isn't loading at the moment but I did want to share that the trip is totally doable without too much stress. On the way there I went Scottsdale->Holbrook->Gallup->Farmington, staying overnight in Farmington and driving the speed limit in the morning to Telluride, arrived with 11 miles of range. On the way back I went directly from Telluride to Gallup, arrived with roughly 15 miles of range driving very carefully down to Cortez (averaged 5-10 under the speed limit). Gallup->Holbrook->Scottsdale is a breeze, but you do want to make sure you charge to 230+ miles at Holbrook. In a few weeks I'm going to attempt to go directly from Gallup to Telluride, which saves at least 2 hours.

Telluride has two charging options. One in the actual town (a HWPC, never used it), and a 30AMP charger in Mountain Village (2 ports).

If anyone decides to make this trip and goes the Phoenix->Holbrook route, you're more than welcome to send me a PM and I can give you access to my HWPC that's off of Shea, few miles west of the 101 so you can top off if you're worried about it. There's also a HWPC somewhere in Payson.

• Informative
Reactions: Jaywlker and McManX