Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Personalized Plate Transfer - Maryland

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I searched and couldn't find the right specific answer for Maryland. Anyway, I have personalized plates on a car that I am getting rid of, but not trading in to Tesla. There's an MVA form to transfer plates between vehicles, but it requires a title number. I'm (theoretically) picking up my M3 next Thursday. How do they handle transferring the registration (if they do at all)? I've texted and emailed but not gotten a response and don't have an assigned SA.

I searched and couldn't find the right specific answer for Maryland. Anyway, I have personalized plates on a car that I am getting rid of, but not trading in to Tesla. There's an MVA form to transfer plates between vehicles, but it requires a title number. I'm (theoretically) picking up my M3 next Thursday. How do they handle transferring the registration (if they do at all)? I've texted and emailed but not gotten a response and don't have an assigned SA.
If I were you I would not ask Tesla to get tags for you. The car will have temporary tags on it when you take delivery. The temporary tags are good for at least 60 days. You'll have the VIN and plenty of time to visit the MVA and do the tag transfer yourself.

Reactions: MadTxn