Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Upgrade Price Change!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, this all turned around quickly. Optional $5k in exchange for Free Supercharging and Track Mode confirmed for all Performance Model 3s, including those without the PUP. Good stuff.

Why do you have the impression that P3D- customers also get $5K back? I don't read that at all in his tweets. I'm quite certain he only means that you get $5K back if you paid for the $5K package and not that free supercharging is worth $5K to anyone who has it.

Reactions: preilly44 and Dr. J
Why do you have the impression that P3D- customers also get $5K back? I don't read that at all in his tweets. I'm quite certain he only means that you get $5K back if you paid for the $5K package and not that free supercharging is worth $5K to anyone who has it.
People who ordered - paid the same price as people now getting the BBK/20s/spoiler/etc. Everyone that purchased a P3D of any flavor before this change should be offered the same lifetime SC or $5,000 option. (And the $5,000 is better for like 99% of people).

What’s sad about this whole thing is there will have been far less outrage if Tesla force bundled PUP and raise the price by $2,500.

Tesla would have made $2,500 more over what they are asking per car and not give up a bunch of $5,000 refunds to outaged customers.

Who the hell is green lighting these market adjustments over there?

I’m careful to not think I or the average joe/Joann can just do a better job but this is so bone headed it hurts.

They are hating the hell out of me in the investment forms but f them.

You can’t have TSLA succeed without the car owners.

There is a workable balance between the two.

I wonder if he's actually done the math on that $5000. I, personally, don't think the old $2000 was underpriced especially if used properly for long distance. For apartment dwellers and people without garages though it might be underpriced.

In a perfect world I'd still get free supercharging as a first day reservation holder and early adopter AND get $5000 back... oh and the diecast car. I still want that.

People who ordered - paid the same price as people now getting the BBK/20s/spoiler/etc. Everyone that purchased a P3D of any flavor before this change should be offered the same lifetime SC or $5,000 option. (And the $5,000 is better for like 99% of people).

Ah, I see. I wonder if he was thinking about that when he tweeted that? I'm not entirely sure he thought through the financial implications of that.

What’s sad about this whole thing is there will have been far less outrage if Tesla force bundled PUP and raise the price by $2,500.

Tesla would have made $2,500 more over what they are asking per car and not give up a bunch of $5,000 refunds to outaged customers.

Who the hell is green lighting these market adjustments over there?

I’m careful to not think I or the average joe/Joann can just do a better job but this is so bone headed it hurts.

They are hating the hell out of me in the investment forms but f them.

You can’t have TSLA succeed without the car owners.

There is a workable balance between the two.

I was thinking this exact thing. On top of it, he could've added the 0-60 upgrade option for the AWD model.

Reactions: kbecks13
Wait yea i gotta think about this more...I think that's also why he said he's signing out of twitter, he realized he dun goofed :D

Will see what customer service say tomorrow:

Capture.JPG

Even if everyone wanted the refund, they'd still have made profit in Q3.

I sincerely hope so. I know they'd still have had a profit, but at this stage, I think every dollar counts. I really do hope things work out well for all. I got a standard AWD and would be mad as hell if I had paid an extra $5K, but at the same time, I really want to see Tesla succeed. I hope this snafu doesn't hurt them too much.