Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Upgrade Price Change!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pretty much. Where my confusion is I think Tesla is leaving 2.5K-3K on the table for no reason?

Say, you just make performance standard - you can charge like $2,500 or $3,000 for it and make it one configuration. I don't see the take drop for P buyers dropping.

Production "streamlining"

Also I just tweeted at Elon. I already paid for FSD as well, so it has to be something else.

Reactions: PA ZU
giphy.gif

More like:
tenor-2.gif

This thread and threads like it across the Internet are gonna be LIT. I think I'm going to turn off my computer and go get a drink.

Production "streamlining"

Also I just tweeted at Elon. I already paid for FSD as well, so it has to be something else.

What I meant was:

Only one Performance Configuration - but raise the price by $2.5K to $3K.

Savvy buyers should see it as a $2,000-$2,500 subsidy and go for it. Everyone wins. New buyers, and Tesla.

Older buyers got fracked less. That's sort of a win. :D

Ok, that's it.

Starting from tonight and EVERY single night, I am going to squeeze out Supercharging my cars instead of charging in garage to compensate 5K. :cool:

/snark

Yeah, until those new buyers cock block you for 6 months with their free supercharging too. While paying 5000 less!

Makes sense for them to streamline production. It's likely part of the steps they are taking to increase production while they're slowly ramping up to do 6-7k /week.

Also there's little chance those ordering right now would receive the full 7500 tax credit, nor do they receive free supercharging or free premium connectivity for life. So be happy folks :)

Had my P3D- for a month, driven 300 miles because in various shops trying to correct defects from delivery. I didn't want the PUP for $5k, but would have taken the brakes, pedals and spoiler for free. Jeez.

All the complaints about ‘order now to maybe get it this year’: hard to say. I did the same after the October 13 ‘order now or you’re dead’ warning.

Ordered a 3D (LR of course) (no P, don’t need the speed and don’t want the thin tires) on October 14. Friggin’ car was at Tyson’s 9 days later. Lol.

Of course some combos are more common. But good grief.

(As the comment above says. :D)

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
What I meant was:

Only one Performance Configuration - but raise the price by $2.5K to $3K.

Savvy buyers should see it as a $2,000-$2,500 subsidy and go for it. Everyone wins. New buyers, and Tesla.

Older buyers got fracked less. That's sort of a win. :D

Yeah, until those new buyers cock block you for 6 months with their free supercharging too. While paying 5000 less!

LOL I totally forgot they also get 6 mo. of free supercharging!

I have been literally laughing last 20 minutes because this is so funny!

Tesla: Troll since 2008.

At least I am glad that new buyers can get for less. Good for them.

• Love
  • Funny
Reactions: Jedi2155 and P85_DA
This thread will indeed be crazy long ... while I think it's fine for those who are about to order, that's a big kick in the butt to the rest of us who paid 10k and didn't get the other pretty bits or potentially anything hardware wise... some software yes, but questionable hardware diffs where it counts...

I want ludicrous mode for free as compensation! - a girl can dream

Just a knife in the back as my car i paid 5K extra for is sitting at the body shop right now where the guy basically said he wasn't gonna fix any of the bad body panels, probably reall won't do *sugar* except a quick compound, pretty sure I got a car that was put together during the June blitz then sold as a september build, don't even have the correct rear springs or a fully painted b pillar. I've visited the service center and they have addressed zero items, including a new trunk liner because on delivery my trunk was soaked with water. I will never buy another Tesla. Somehow they even managed to deliver me car with a chip in the red brakes I paid 5k extra for no reason. But hey, Q3 was profitable! What a sucker i am.

Just a knife in the back as my car i paid 5K extra for is sitting at the body shop right now where the guy basically said he wasn't gonna fix any of the bad body panels, probably reall won't do *sugar* except a quick compound, pretty sure I got a car that was put together during the June blitz then sold as a september build, don't even have the correct rear springs or a fully painted b pillar. I've visited the service center and they have addressed zero items, including a new trunk liner because on delivery my trunk was soaked with water. I will never buy another Tesla. Somehow they even managed to deliver me car with a chip in the red brakes I paid 5k extra for no reason. But hey, Q3 was profitable! What a sucker i am.

My trunk was wet at delivery too - wtf.

Just wait until they pull a "We all went out for Friday drinks, ditched the intern back at the office, and they went kinda cray on the website."

LMAO that would be epic!

Email can go like:

Dear customers,
We apologize that we had some technical issues with our website and unfortunately those upgrades do cost $5,000. We would appreciate your upfront payment. Thank you.

-Tesla