Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pennsylvania Supercharger - In Progress

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That stretch of Route 22 in NJ does look slow, and it's very annoying from what I remember. But Google Maps shows if you're approaching from NJ on I-78, you can skip the slowest part of 22 by heading north on Route 33 (exit 71 off I-78 between Easton and Bethlehem) before going west on 22.

LehighValleyMallMap.png

I'm still surprised they chose the LVM for a supercharger location. Route 22 turns into a parking lot multiple times per day. Think I-76 in Philadelphia if you've ever been there. They just re-engineered the ramps for 145 and 22 and let me tell you it has done nothing but made the problem worse. It should have been in the Promenade shops along I-78 where Tesla has had multiple drive events in the past. My guess is they were looking at turnpike drivers being able to exit, complete a short sidetrack to the mall and return. Unfortunately it's not going to be that easy. IIRC plans are in the works to upgrade rte22 to 6 lanes from 4. In PA that sort of construction will take a decade to complete. Here's hoping their next plan is another SC where 476 and 80 intersect so the Allentown one can be skipped altogether. I was under the impression that these stations were supposed to be in rural areas away from city centers to avoid people using them for day-day charging as a free alternative to charging at home? The map doesn't seem to reflect that.