Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pedestrian warning sound standard on Model 3 at of 1 Sep 2019

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[Moderator note: existing thread about this topic is at All Model 3s built since 9/1 have a pedestrian warning speaker installed ]

Since I am relatively new here I am not certain about the etiquette of posting things from another site. However someone on Tesla Owners Online stated that there has been an addition to M3's made following Sept 1, 2019. Again, this is second hand information, but according to the source (listed below), Tesla will be adding a noise emitter to warn pedestrians that the car is present (below 19 mph forward and in reverse).

Forward: Tesla Model 3 Noise Emitter Forward Sound
Reverse: Tesla Model 3 Noise Emitter Reverse Sound

The original posting from Tesla Owners Online is located here:
All Model 3's built since September 1 now have noise emitter - Tesla Owners Online

FYI.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: mswlogo
I guess I’m the only one here but I welcome this. I want seeing eye dogs, people who are blind, etc to know I am coming behind them. Now of course I want a futuristic sound like the jetsons or something similar. I’d like to have my Prius to have something similar but it’s too old.

I guess I’m the only one here but I welcome this. I want seeing eye dogs, people who are blind, etc to know I am coming behind them. Now of course I want a futuristic sound like the jetsons or something similar. I’d like to have my Prius to have something similar but it’s too old.
100% seriously can’t understand why it doesn’t at least OFFER the Jetsons sound. I would love to hear that as the low speed, and as I accelerate it speeds up like the old cartoon. It’s iconic

Status
Not open for further replies.