Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Patiently waiting in Minnesota!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Tesla Community!

I pre-ordered my model 3 yesterday in a somewhat impulsive fashion.

I found out about the release because it was trending on Twitter, rapidly got as much information as I could, and in less than 24 hours I had money down... it was a fairly impulsive decision, and the more I learn, the more pleased I am about it.

I've known about Tesla Motors and Space X and have been watching from afar as both companies make headlines with disruptive thinking, bold action, and passionate conviction to better living through science and design.

I cannot tell you how thrilled I am to align myself with this incredible community of optimists, progressive thinkers, and sophisticated consumers with good taste in cars.

I want to share in Elon's gratitude to those (YOU) who have invested in the Tesla Roadster and Model S & X, making it possible for me to own a wonderfully designed electric car too.

On a personal note, this will be my first new car. I've owned some cool cars in my life (Mazda RX-7 3rd Gen, Mits 3000 GT, Suburu SVX) but not recently. Lately, I've been driving reliable used cars that turn 0 heads. For all the time I spend in my car, and the degree I appreciate awesome cars... the Model 3 is everything I could want.

While I enjoy and appreciate good things, I'm not a materialistic person. I think the Model 3 is actually a really conservative choice. As Elon said, you will not be able to buy a better car for $35,000... and "I'm all about value." Not having to pay for gas, oil changes, spark plugs, belts, and all of the other stuff that goes with an ICE makes the cost of ownership low as well. As far as I see it, the Model 3 is a practical choice... for those who are prescient and patient.

It's also, of course, a very cool choice.

I was among the first 200,000 to put my money down. I suppose I will probably get my car in 2 - 2 1/2 years from now. I'm guessing I am going to think about it every day, and I figure everyone in my life will be sick of hearing about it soon. (Some already are.) That's where I'm hoping you will come in. Thank you for being an outlet for my enthusiasm and anticipation.

I'd be honored to be welcomed as a friend and ally by this community, and am available to ride shotgun in your cars for the next 2 1/2 years until I can give you a ride in mine.