Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Passenger Seat jammed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can confirm on my Dec 2016 Model S passenger seat being stuck, was taken to a car wash and seat was moved all the way to the front, then it got stuck , barely moved back on the right side but the left side didn't so afraid it break if forced, I read curtvb and beatle up above with picture, i raised seat and i tried to align seat then went below seat I removed the shaft from both sides it's flexible , tried to put back in the left side which wasn't moving n wouldn't go back all the way in, I barely touch the motor to move seat and then tried again and shaft went all the way in and then I put the motor side in , it's a flexible shaft , now seat is working moving back and forth

Thank you @curtvb and @beatle

My passenger seat seems to have the same problem discussed by beatle above (seat motor shaft tweaked). However, I'm finding it difficult to access as the seat is stuck in the forward position... hence. no access to the front Torx bolts to loosen/remove the seat. Anyone able to move the seat back manually without the motor?

I can confirm on my Dec 2016 Model S passenger seat being stuck, was taken to a car wash and seat was moved all the way to the front, then it got stuck , barely moved back on the right side but the left side didn't so afraid it break if forced, I read curtvb and beatle up above with picture, i raised seat and i tried to align seat then went below seat I removed the shaft from both sides it's flexible , tried to put back in the left side which wasn't moving n wouldn't go back all the way in, I barely touch the motor to move seat and then tried again and shaft went all the way in and then I put the motor side in , it's a flexible shaft , now seat is working moving back and forth

Thank you @curtvb and @beatle
Wow. Do you have any pics? It's very tight down there. the cable is extremely hard to get back in. Having the same problem rn on my 2015 MS85 - moved front passenger seat all the way forward to vacuum and now it's stuck on one side. Tesla SC says I have to order a new front seat ~$3600. I found a used seat on ebay but they won't install which i can understand why but still. There should be a service bulletin or sth for this...