Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85D vs 16' 75 Facelift

Which Used Car would you opt for in this price range?

• Neither lol

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stuck with a fun dilemma... My gut tells me get the P85D and don't value a refresh bumper/headlights as much as I currently am with the refresh.

option a: P85D 2015 ( $49-$53k) (filled with every option available at the time, air suspension, pano roof, etc)
option b: 75 RWD FACELIFT 2016' ($44k - $47k) (would be completely stripped down, bone stock)

I really enjoy the look of the refresh bumper/headlights etc. To me the car is absolutely superior in aesthetics ( just my feeling )... HOWEVER... the P85D is far superior with performance and upgrades i would get for the price.

I have a hard budget of 53K, seeing some facelifted RWD being sold on Tesla site for 43-46k is very enticing.

I don't understand the price differential. If you can afford a $53k in P85D why not the same for the facelift model? P85D in that range likely comes with only the 2 year warranty. I would lean towards the 75. For only $1500 more you can land a D with Air:

Model S 75D 5YJSA1E27GF161169 | Tesla
I can explain my rationale .
The 2016 75 0-60 is 5.5
The 2016 75D 0-60 is 5.2
The 2014/15 P85D 3.2

75D price like you said is very similar to P85D , at that price range I just prefer the added performance, air suspension , weather package , sound upgrade etc.

Since 75 and 75D performance is very similar , I’d just prefer the RWD at a $8-10k savings. That’s why for me , it’s between the cheaper RWD or go towards max budget and get a P85D .

I just couldn’t justify a 75D stripped down for $8k-ish more than the 75 RWD which is also stripped down.

I totally understand what your saying though, however, if the 75Ds were the uncorked ones for the same price.. it would prob be in discussion.

Hope that makes sense , in my head it does lol