Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Outdoor car cover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have never used garages for my cars for various reasons. Now I don't have one, and won't have one built at least for another year.
I use MX for weekends, rather daily commute. It sits on my driveway in the SF bay area. Does an outdoor cover really makes big differences? Are there major differences between Tesla brand and aftermarket products? I notice Tesla cover has the nice charging port and the ventilated bumper mesh. Other manufacture also makes 5-layers outdoor covers, but I don't have any experiences with designs, materials quality and user friendliness.....

Last edited:
I have no experience, so I may not be correct here... but I imagine the ventilation is important since the car does heat up when charging the battery.
So, I am kind of relieved no tree branches did damage on the car sitting in the windy driveway during yesterday's "rain storm".

Seeing the twigs around the car, I am still considering the cover. I am kind of worried that I am not tall enough to get the perhaps heavy cover up to its top.... Anyone cares to comment on these cover (indoor or outdoor) experiences?

Thanks!