Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordering stats on latest Model X's

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
66 orders added to the spreadsheet and we finally have our first Silver Metallic! I'm really surprised at the lack of Silver color choice. It was my second choice when I went for Midnight Silver Metallic.

Also - we have our first delivery completed! A confirmed order on 10/17 was delivered on 11/14 (wowza that was fast)

Number of Orders Added to sheet 66
Average days from Order to Confirmation 3
Average day from Confirmation to Production Start 31
Average days in Production 7.67
Average days from Production to Delivery 5.00
Average days from Confirmation to Delivery 29.00 (only 1 sample currently)

Some interesting stats:

57% of orders are MX 75D's
46% of people choose the 7 seat option (once they made the 2nd row fold flat!)
Pear White is the most popular color with 27% (Midnight Silver #2 with 22%)
60% choose the Premium Update Package
96% choose enhanced Autopilot (no surprise)
92% choose the premium leather upgrade (various colors)
46% went for the carbon fiber upgrade
and a few people like to give Tesla money for Full Self-Driving research! 9%

stats.JPG

Please feel free to add your order here:
Model X Order & Delivery 2017

66 orders added to the spreadsheet and we finally have our first Silver Metallic! I'm really surprised at the lack of Silver color choice. It was my second choice when I went for Midnight Silver Metallic.

Also - we have our first delivery completed! A confirmed order on 10/17 was delivered on 11/14 (wowza that was fast)

Number of Orders Added to sheet 66
Average days from Order to Confirmation 3
Average day from Confirmation to Production Start 31
Average days in Production 7.67
Average days from Production to Delivery 5.00
Average days from Confirmation to Delivery 29.00 (only 1 sample currently)

Some interesting stats:

57% of orders are MX 75D's
46% of people choose the 7 seat option (once they made the 2nd row fold flat!)
Pear White is the most popular color with 27% (Midnight Silver #2 with 22%)
60% choose the Premium Update Package
96% choose enhanced Autopilot (no surprise)
92% choose the premium leather upgrade (various colors)
46% went for the carbon fiber upgrade
and a few people like to give Tesla money for Full Self-Driving research! 9%

View attachment 260172

Please feel free to add your order here:

Quick question - you mention Avg day from Confirmation to Production start as 31 but Avg days from Confirmation to Deliver 29...conflict here...

FYI - my MXP100D was just confirmed yesterday, got VIN last night, and I spoke to my buddy at Tesla who told me it is scheduled roll off of the production line on 12/4...not sure if this helps or not but just an FYI

• Helpful
Reactions: Snerruc
Quick question - you mention Avg day from Confirmation to Production start as 31 but Avg days from Confirmation to Deliver 29...conflict here...

FYI - my MXP100D was just confirmed yesterday, got VIN last night, and I spoke to my buddy at Tesla who told me it is scheduled roll off of the production line on 12/4...not sure if this helps or not but just an FYI

Yeah - we only have one car in the sheet that appears to have been delivered. This means the conf to delivery stat is based on 1 input. The conf to production has 13 samples, so the average is probably more accurate there. Basically - some guy got his car faster than most are going to production! I'm just gathering data to share with others. Gives me something to do while I wait for my car!

if you want to add your order, the sheet is in my signature or here:

Yeah - we only have one car in the sheet that appears to have been delivered. This means the conf to delivery stat is based on 1 input. The conf to production has 13 samples, so the average is probably more accurate there. Basically - some guy got his car faster than most are going to production! I'm just gathering data to share with others. Gives me something to do while I wait for my car!

Thanks - I am already in there...

Appreciate you doing this - three years ago when I got my S the tracker REALLY helped me manage my emotions waiting...

I didn't want to delete my entry as the data on options is helpful - but I did end up securing an inventory car and abandoned my order.

If you want to delete my line, feel free as as not to skew the delivery data.

I'm really surprised that so few people are willing to bet 3000$ on that. Given that Tesla's promise is pretty clear and they can't run away from that. And this is a good opportunity to be the first to witness that kind of functionally in a production car.

Well I just don't know how well I would trust it. Without rear facing laser sensors I just don't think it's safe in all situations. You will have to use it, and put your life in its motor-hands. From what I've seen of EAP, I'm not ready to take that bet.

I'm really surprised that so few people are willing to bet 3000$ on that. Given that Tesla's promise is pretty clear and they can't run away from that. And this is a good opportunity to be the first to witness that kind of functionally in a production car.
I tried to convince Tesla to take $3,000 for FSD on my AP1 vehicle, and they refused. :confused:

Couldn't hurt to ask, right? ;)

Well I just don't know how well I would trust it. Without rear facing laser sensors I just don't think it's safe in all situations. You will have to use it, and put your life in its motor-hands. From what I've seen of EAP, I'm not ready to take that bet.
No need for rear lasers when you got cameras :). They can see at least 5 seconds behind of rearward traffic coming at twice the speed of your own.

About the current EAP: Obviously a temporary solution/to bridge the gap until FSD. :)

My 75D is supposed to be delivered end of next week. DS says it'll be ready to ship in a few days, but I have not seen any paperwork and can't get a straight answer. How long before delivery do you guys get your paperwork? Is it by mail or electronic. I am concerned the holidays will make it even more difficult if it is not figure out this week.

My 75D is supposed to be delivered end of next week. DS says it'll be ready to ship in a few days, but I have not seen any paperwork and can't get a straight answer. How long before delivery do you guys get your paperwork? Is it by mail or electronic. I am concerned the holidays will make it even more difficult if it is not figure out this week.
If you go to your MyTesla website most of your paperwork is there except for the final stuff that you need to sign - they give you that on day of delivery to review and sign.

You also need to go through the MyTesla to confirm all of the final paperwork details so they can prepare it properly. Your DS most likely does not have it until maybe 24-36 hours beforehand - which is why they want you to confirm details as early as possible. Last minute changes take some time to generate the paper.

If you go to your MyTesla website most of your paperwork is there except for the final stuff that you need to sign - they give you that on day of delivery to review and sign.

You also need to go through the MyTesla to confirm all of the final paperwork details so they can prepare it properly. Your DS most likely does not have it until maybe 24-36 hours beforehand - which is why they want you to confirm details as early as possible. Last minute changes take some time to generate the paper.

Thanks GOPJEW. My account says 4/4 complete and Request for final paperwork is complete along with payment details. I haven't seen the title or registration paperwork. What else is there to fill out? ...and can it be done electronically?

Thanks GOPJEW. My account says 4/4 complete and Request for final paperwork is complete along with payment details. I haven't seen the title or registration paperwork. What else is there to fill out? ...and can it be done electronically?
When you confirmed your Request for Final Paperwork one of the questions was a reminder of how your registration would look...if you go to the Ownership Details there is a Registration tab as the first item - click that and it will tell you how your registration will look.

If you are leasing, I recall that the registration is the leasing company plus your name (or the name/s you applied for the lease as).

When you confirmed your Request for Final Paperwork one of the questions was a reminder of how your registration would look...if you go to the Ownership Details there is a Registration tab as the first item - click that and it will tell you how your registration will look.

If you are leasing, I recall that the registration is the leasing company plus your name (or the name/s you applied for the lease as).

Thanks again GOPJEW. I looked under Ownership Details, and Registration, License, and Insurance sections are all complete with green checkmarks. So, what paperwork is left? DS was vague, just kept saying "final paperwork" but doesn't clarify.

Thanks again GOPJEW. I looked under Ownership Details, and Registration, License, and Insurance sections are all complete with green checkmarks. So, what paperwork is left? DS was vague, just kept saying "final paperwork" but doesn't clarify.
Just putting actual signatures to paper when you get the car.

1. Loan/Lease paperwork needs actual signatures
2. In MD there is an Odometer disclosure we need to sign
3. Final registration paperwork needs a signature
4. Some states require you to acknowledge the Lemon Law
5. "We Owe" paperwork - what defects you find during inspection they will write up and acknowledge (i.e. missing sunshade, moulding needs fixed, etc.)

Just putting actual signatures to paper when you get the car.

1. Loan/Lease paperwork needs actual signatures
2. In MD there is an Odometer disclosure we need to sign
3. Final registration paperwork needs a signature
4. Some states require you to acknowledge the Lemon Law
5. "We Owe" paperwork - what defects you find during inspection they will write up and acknowledge (i.e. missing sunshade, moulding needs fixed, etc.)

Awesome! Thanks again for the quick replies!

No problem, just sitting here at work watching the MyTesla...and reading forums...

As I said on another post today, in the words of the immortal Tom Petty, "The waiting is the hardest part."

We live in a world of instant gratification. It is interesting to watch Tesla buck the trend with long wait times and poor customer service. The latter baffles me even more.

Reactions: Omid23